Thread: 2008 328 automatic transmission is sticking when it comes out of 1st gear

My Cars
    2008 BMW 328

2008 328 automatic transmission is sticking when it comes out of 1st gear

All - This is my first post so thank you in advance for your feedback. I have a 2008 328 automatic transmission with roughly 87k miles. Lately it feels like the car is sticking when I am coming out of first gear. In addition, I occasionally get a slight burning smell that comes through and then fades immediately. When I pop the hood of the car, I do not smell it. Thanks again for your assistance.

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    When you say it's sticking in first, is it holding first gear to a higher rpm than normal, or shifting abruptly? Also the smell, does it smell like burning oil, burning paper, rubber, electronics, etc. The climate control intake basically pulls air from under the hood, so you will smell things in the engine bay very quickly. My leaking valve cover gasket would actually fill my interior with smoke.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 328
    Thanks for the response. The sticking is related to an abrupt shift --- I know it is coming and then it is a hard / rough shift. My wife can feel the shift in the passenger seat. I need to do some more homework on the smell -- I do not believe it is oil. There is no sign of smoke. I need to take it to the mechanic, but I was trying to do some research before taking it in. Thanks again for your response and insight.