Thread: Touring popped up in my IG, anyone here? Lowered, TE37 (or Varrostens), and more

My Cars
    Mugen S2000, Dinan 3Xi

Touring popped up in my IG, anyone here? Lowered, TE37 (or Varrostens), and more

This popped up in my IG today. Anyone here or know this car? Looking for info on suspension, wheels, etc. The tuner in my LOVES this wagon....and in my hunt for one, I'd love to either find one like this or build one. Unfortunately, I need the one I end up getting to be a daily, move the kids and the dog, car parts, be fun, and most of all, reliable over the long haul.

This is a beauty to me!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    E38 2001 m; 99528iT sprt
    I have seem this listed in NYC/NJ area - or at least very similar. Is it a 528 with e38 front seats?

My Cars
    Mugen S2000, Dinan 3Xi
    Hey thanks!!! I found it and it is for sale. Spoke with the seller and answered a whole bunch of questions. I think I may be seriously interested in this one pending an AutoCheck. Anyone have an opinion on buying a Nor'Easter car (It's been in CT for the majority of it's life, and then NYC in the last couple of years). 2-owner car; 2nd owner is a BMW mechanic and apparently buys quite a few BMWs for maintenance and upgrades and then flips them.

This one has coilovers up front, and airbag deleted struts/springs in the rear, 7 series seats up front, is a 2000 528, m-tec front and rear, upgraded navigation (forgot to ask if it was BMW or aftermarket), roof rails deleted, and all maintenance done with the exception of front lower control arm bushings. There seems to be some rust starting on the rear hatch. Any reason I should look elsewhere or if anyone here has any background on this car, please share your thoughts.

If this checks out on AutoCheck, I maybe buying a touring before this weekend (am I impulsive? Yes, I am...it's something I've been dealing with for 42 years...really, my wife has been dealing with it for the last 15 years when it comes to cars).

My Cars
    2 Boosted,1 more left to
    Best bet is to physically check this car put as I live up north and rust is a big issue unless it it garage kept because the winters plus the calcium salt is brutal. Rust on the rear hatch is given with the age of the touring as most touring owners have that issue. What is he asking for the touring?

E39 LSX SWAP PARTS FORSALE

My Cars
    Mugen S2000, Dinan 3Xi
    Thanks, it's no different here in Chicago area with the rust. I've two other model year 2000 cars that I've taken care of through the Chicago weather. They are both Hondas and as long as any rust is caught early, it can be managed. On the other hand, the Toyotas and Lexuses I've had here have been horrible to own long term. I've got a Tacoma that I adore, but need to make way for the wagon I want to replace it with.

Craigslist advert I found yesterday expired today, but if I remember I think it was at $5500. Seller is out of town until tomorrow evening. I'll get more detail on it tomorrow over the phone. If it feels right, I'll be flying out Thursday morning to look it over in person and hopefully drive it home.

My Cars
    Mugen S2000, Dinan 3Xi
    Looks like I'm flying out to NYC tomorrow to go check this car out and possibly meet up with 1NAWTY95 in the process. Hopefully this car is taken care of like the owner stated....I maybe driving home with it early tomorrow. Wish me luck...maybe a new owner in the ranks soon.