Thread: Adaptive LED headlights wiring help

My Cars
    2014 X3

Adaptive LED headlights wiring help

Hello,

I have been reading and lurking on the forum since getting my first BMW X3 back in February.
    I have read a lot of great info. I have gone down the rabbit hole of upgrading my 2014 X3 to the LCI face lifted version. My X3 was built in 3/14 and came with halogen headlights . To make a long story short. I have got new harnesses for the front left and right that are used on the LCI version. I was told by the dealer that checked with BMW that these should work for adding the correct wiring for the LED headlights. I have been trying with the dealer to get a pin out of where the harnesses plug into the modules inside the firewall. Does anyone here have access to this info? The new LED headlight ave an additional 6 wires on the plug than the current halogen headlight plug. I was hoping maybe there is a tech on here that might be able to get this info. My dealer hasn't had any luck thus far. Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    11 X3 35i M
    Rabbit hole is right! Unfortunately, you will likely need some programming/coding done to make the LED Headlights work as advertised. The dealer should be able to make copies of a 2015 wiring diagram from their service manual, but you might need an EE degree to fully understand it.

Good luck, post some before/after pics when you get it done.
    Current: 2011 X3 35i M-Sport, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Oyster Napa interior, Afe intake, RaceChip Ultimate.

Past: 1998 M3 sedan, Cosmos Schwartz Metallic, Black interior, Euro 6-speed, AA Stage II TwinScrew supercharger, and a bunch of other mods.