Thread: Keep your BMW always looking its very best - Or not

My Cars
    E46 330i

Keep your BMW always looking its very best - Or not

Sorry for taking the permission to post this here but I think can e included though in Car detailing.
    This is more like a warning for BMW comunity to stay away from companies who decide to treat their clients in a disrespectfull manner. And I'm talking here about Ortiz Custom Pods.
    In September last year I ordered "2000 2005 BMW 325, 328, 330, 335 Single Pod Center Vent - OCPB-11" on Andy's AutoSport. I had to ask my cousin who lives in US to order it for me and then he will re-post it to me in Romania.
    They said I need to wait 6-8 weeks for it and here I quote them "The parts are made to order to insure the highest quality." So, OK, what can I do.. I need it badly so I waited.
    When finally came, so anxious to mount this pod into my e46 dashboard.. run quick to my mechanic and big surprise: open the package and my mechanic said: boss, this part looks like they molded a new cheap quality grille on top of an old stock central AC grille and not just that but the clips are broked.
    After 3 months of waiting for that part... big disappointment.
    Got back via emails to Andy's AutoSport and explained them the whole thing.
    In a very good way, Andy supported me(big thx for that) on this and soon he came back with Ortiz Custom Pods answer:
    "The customer can send it back for a rebuild, or a refund.
    Please ship to:
    Ortiz Custom Pods
    32 Mechanic Ave Room 211
    Woonsocket RI 02895
    Please tell them to include a note inside the package with their name and return address along with a brief description of why they are returning the piece."
    Honestly I was shocked!!!
    I'm ordering online for a long time and from all over US, UK or Europe and I never had such an answer.
    This is unbelievable and unacceptable!!!
    So much birocracy for a broken item I waited for almost 3 months.
    I consider their answer a bad joke considering and here I quote them again: "The parts are made to order to insure the highest quality." ))))
    They should send their apologies and sent a BRAND NEW item on their own expences.
    I'm in Afghanistan for another 2 months and the pod is back home in Romania.
    Imagine, when I go home I don't have the time and patience to ship it to US on my expences.
    But I really do have time to advertise their crap on all BMW forums and BMW Facebook Groups in US, UK and Europe.
    So guys, please enjoy the attached pictures. Is my turn to ship their crap on internet.
    From here... on my way now to all BMW Forums and FB BMW Groups I know... and I know quite many!
    Attached Images Attached Images