Thread: High Mileage 525iT Insight Needed

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xiT

Question High Mileage 525iT Insight Needed

Hey guys, I just sold my '06 530xiT and am going to look at a local 525iT with a 5-speed this weekend. Super clean car, very well maintained, but really much higher mileage than I am usually comfortable with. It's over 220,000 but you wouldn't necessarily know it to look at it. Southern car, so no rust at all, and spare wheels and tires to boot.

Where are going prices for higher mileage Tourings? The MT is throwing off my price gauge and I'm not sure if the asking price is too far out to lunch. It's been listed for a while, so I know that if he really wants to sell, he'll move on the price, but where is reasonable at this point?

Cheers,

doug

My Cars
    Mugen S2000, Dinan 3Xi
    LOL. I just drove that car last weekend and just posted about it here:

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...nd-enthusiasts

Definitely has rust on it....on a quick gander, there's rust on the inner door corners, in the jamb of the hatch; extra wheels aren't anything to write home about. The style 5s on the car are peeling and pitted...the two extra sets of wheels/tires are really cheap parts yard sets. Interior definitely has NOT been 'well maintained'.
    Last edited by Luder94; 04-19-2017 at 09:25 PM.

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    Might want to show him this,

https://www.copart.com/lot/42765386/

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xiT
    Oh holy crap. That's the 4th car that I have come across in the last 3 months that the seller was hiding massive front end accident damage and selling/flipping the car as a clean title. Sonofa... that guys has been anything but forthcoming. I thought that mileage was closer to a $4800-5000 car, but knowing the rest of the story, I wouldn't do half that.

Whelp, I guess we're in the same boat, then. I don't want an automatic, and like you I have no interest in the grey or tan interiors. I guess my search continues. GLAD I CHECKED HERE FIRST!

Funny, but not funny.

My Cars
    Mugen S2000, Dinan 3Xi
    Did you see the E34 in Glen Ellyn? It's fully bagged on M-Parallels?

I'm partial to a manual, but open to buying an automatic. There's plenty of manual transmissions out there on carparts.com and doing the manual swap on a 2.5 doesn't seem to be to difficult, plus there's a shop near me that I'm sure can handle the swap for me with a high level of quality (they did an LS swap for me in my S2000).

I am more partial to the 325 because of the ease of a potential LS swap down the road (but then if I do that, it's yet another car I can't drive to country club).

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xiT
    Yeah, I saw the black E34—I dig it a lot, and right next to me here in Wheaton. It looks like a bit of a work in progress from what I could tell—too many things need attention for a daily driver family truckster. Don't need bags, either, I grew out of that phase 20 years ago. I still may try to go look at it this weekend. I'll let you know what I find out.
    SaveSave
    Last edited by ApexSpeed; 04-19-2017 at 10:36 PM.

My Cars
    are slow
    Quote Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
    Yeah, I saw the black E34—I dig it a lot, and right next to me here in Wheaton. It looks like a bit of a work in progress from what I could tell—too many things need attention for a daily driver family truckster. Don't need bags, either, I grew out of that phase 20 years ago. I still may try to go look at it this weekend. I'll let you know what I find out.
    SaveSave
    He's asking a ridiculous amount too, and the S52 beauty cover made me want to go ram it with my car.