Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Recommendation for new run flat tires

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325Xi

Recommendation for new run flat tires

I recently purchased Bridgestone Turanza EL 42 tires for my BMW 325Xi. They feel very heavy especially when I turn at slow speeds. I had the same tires on my car previously but they felt different and of course were worn. Not sure if I am going to keep them. I drive 6000-8000 km a year. I have Norwegian tires for the winter. Anyone else have this issue with the el42's. Not sure why the car feels so heavy?? I may try the Potezza as recommended. Anyone tried the Continental SSE run flats? Does anyone know why these feel heavy and any other further recommendations? These tires are for summer usage. Thanks.
    Last edited by bimmergirl2017; 04-24-2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Purchased new tires

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    If you like Bridgestone tires, try the Potezza run-flats. I had those on my 135i.

-Dmitry
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    The Bridgestone Driveguards are the best riding runflat tire on the market by far. They are also an all season tire with a 50K mileage warranty. If I can help let me know.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim@tirerack View Post
    The Bridgestone Driveguards are the best riding runflat tire on the market by far. They are also an all season tire with a 50K mileage warranty. If I can help let me know.

Thanks Jim! I may have to give those a try - I got rid of the Potenza's because the handling wasn't that great (IMO) - are these a lot better?
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    They handled better than the OE Conti and OE Turanza run flats on the 3 Series. The big advantage is the ride quality. They really do have the ride quality of a non run flat tire.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

My Cars
    435i (2014); prev 328IS
    I have the PireLli Cinturato P7 run flats which came on my 435i. I hate them! After 16000 miles they are almost completely worn out. And I am not an aggressive driver. I am 70 and I drive at normal speeds and use very, very light braking! This year i will replace them with non-run-flat tires, and either buy a emergency inflation/repair kit, or else buy a spare wheel/tire.

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    What size tires does your car have? Are you willing to drive the car without the run flats and no spare tire? Let me know and I can make a recommendation.