Thread: Anyone bought the SLR camber adapter thingy?

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima

Anyone bought the SLR camber adapter thingy?

Talking about this thing: https://slrspeed.myshopify.com/produ...mber-plate-set

I have -4.5 degrees of camber and I think 10.2 degrees of caster on my E30. I'd like to get rid of it and I THINK this will do it. It definitely does camber but I want to verify caster too. I emailed SLR but it might be months before I get an answer.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Seems like SLR responds very well to calling them on the phone and talking with them. Since you and I might be the only ones on this forum old enough to know how to actually have a phone conversation, I suggest you try that with them. Worked great for me.

[EDIT] Wait, are you that old? My family had a black and white TV for a while when I was a kid, so I'm old enough to be confused a lot...
    Last edited by tptrsn; 04-18-2017 at 12:17 PM.

My Cars
    2002 325i
    Yeah I would definitely call them instead of emailing. I was able to talk to Sean multiple times about my ultra kit, gave me his opinions on how to set it up.
    | BAGGEDE46 |

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Phone calls? BAH. Sadly I can't talk on the phone while at work. Forums and emails are ok though :-D

I dunno if I'm old enough for black/white tv. I am getting farther into my 30s. I remember life before the internet and cable TV. We had these things called "Encyclopedias" when you wanted to look up something. Some guy came to your door to sell them.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    I remember those! They were "the thing" back in the day before just asking your phone any question and having an instant answer...

My Cars
    1995 325i, 1998 M3 Coupe
    I have them but they are not installed yet. They do look to have a lot of adjustability but dialing in the right holes to use will be a challenge. Wish they had come with a hole overlay with rough settings.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Is there any documentation that came with instructions on wtf to do? I just want to verify it'll do caster and if so, it it like 1 degree or more.

Got any pix? plz plz.

My Cars
    1995 325i, 1998 M3 Coupe
    I'm in Germany for another week. So I would t be able to get any pics for awhile. By the looks of it yes they will adjust caster but how much I'm not sure. There were no instructions at all. I feel like it's going to be difficult to adjust camber since most people will be trying to go full positive and that will put the screws on the top of the coil over under the top hat. Meaning you'd have to adjust it then bolt it up I guess.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I've seen people just drill a hole into the shock tower to make room for the shock top. I guess if it pushes positive camber and forward to reduce caster, it should work well enough.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    I'm gonna be building a set of camber plates that will be able to rotate to compensate for camber and caster aswell once I get a set of pillow ball mounts to work with. Basically adapting the pbm style plate, but to work on e36 instead of s chassis

My Cars
    1995 325i, 1998 M3 Coupe
    Yes there will have to be some drilling for the shock top. These delete the camber plates and use their own track to slide the shock in and out for camber adjustment. It's going to be a bit of a pain to set camber the first time as you'll need to unbolt the adapters front the shock tower to adjust it. That might also make the shock top holes bigger while dialing it in. I think it's worth the effort just not excited to tackle the setup just yet.

My Cars
    1985 535i
    I was planning on ordering these along with slr when my tax return gets here. Any info beforehand would be awesome. But if nothing comes available before I get them I'll try and document all the info I can. I'll have the car on an alignment rack and measure everything before and after.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Yea I'm pretty sure this will work for my purposes. hopefully I can order it relatively soon. I'm about due for another alignment.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    I have them. Yes it will remove your caster and set your camber where you want. You will have to play with the setup a good bit tho to land it where you want.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Got any pix? How do you adjust it? It looks like you have to unbolt and rebolt it in to change caster? It looks simple yet complicated.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    I don't have pics at the moment. But picture a normal coilover tophat. Theres 3 studs that you put nuts on to secure to shock tower... Its like that, however those 3 studs are removable from the top and the tophat is drilled with tons of holes. You move the strut around to where you want it then thread the studs back into the top plate and put the nuts on.

Camber slots are muchhh longer than a normal coilover, the the plates are thicker. Allowing the shock shaft to sneak under the sheet metal on some coils.

When adjusting, it is a constant compromise between camber and caster but with tinkering you can hit your specs.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Sounds like it'll take a long time to get the right alignment <_<

But def feels like what I need. The added thickness will be a godsend. Right now I'm at max high and hitting my fenders.