Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SLR Budget Kit

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Had the best convo talking to him just now lol. Offered to help with the website. Can confirm, great guy. Even is an attentive father.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    Ayyye see, I wasn't just blowing smoke up your ass

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Didn't think you were. I just wish I didn't have to call him for info on things like this half kit. Once people figure out calling is the best way, his phone won't stop ringing.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    98 323
    Exactly. People used to call Sean on a regular basis because of his terrible email response timeframe. Then I guess he was getting too many calls and couldn't get around to answering them all, because it became tough to get a hold of him via phone and his voicemail box became full. It wasn't just for me either, it was for people on r3v/bfc/facebook/IRL as well. And lets not forget about the time he decided to take a 3+ week vaycay to Ireland without bringing anyone in to handle his business while he was gone. IIRC when you called, you got a message stating that the phone service had been cancelled. That's when I started seeing regular negativity/pessimism about communicating with Sean, which is probably when most people just decided to give up on calling/emailing him

You can be the nicest guy in the world and/or make a fantastic product, but if you're bad at running a business then things will be rough, as I myself have painfully learned

Start at 1:12
    Last edited by jalopi; 05-02-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    Popular engine swap weights & stock engine weights
    M42 + trans - 427lbs
    302 + t5 trans - 475lbs
    m20b27 + g260 - 497lbs
    m52b25 vanos + g250 - 544lbs

351w + t5 trans - 572.5lbs
    LS,
    aluminum block + t56 - 609lbs
    LS, iron block + t56 - 719lbs, EST.
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...60-m42-1jz-2jz

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    That guy in the video is spitting the truth, but damn, what a Debbie Downer..

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    So when you offered help to Sean what did he say?

I run a online sales biz (for PC parts) but yeah, wouldn't mind helping out.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    I imagine you guys mean well, but helping him out with his online presence could easily be a disaster for him if he doesn't have the rest of the infrastructure in place to support it. Production, order processing, customer service, and shipping are HUGE problems when demand ramps up too much too fast.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    I've never seen a car with an slr kit in person till this past weekend, kid wasn't even driving around backwards, 0/10 full pussy. But in all seriousness, it looked like it drove very similar to how my car drives which makes me feel good because my kit was made by guess work and rough tape measure measurements from a friend

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Quote Originally Posted by tptrsn View Post
    I imagine you guys mean well, but helping him out with his online presence could easily be a disaster for him if he doesn't have the rest of the infrastructure in place to support it. Production, order processing, customer service, and shipping are HUGE problems when demand ramps up too much too fast.
    Yeah I'd imagine they'd be flying off the shelves, but hey more money in his pocket right... haha
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    So when you offered help to Sean what did he say?

I run a online sales biz (for PC parts) but yeah, wouldn't mind helping out.
    He said we might work something out. I do online development, not really running websites. I figure just updating the catalogue would be a huge help. But whatever happens, I at least gave him an offer.

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    Yeah I'd imagine they'd be flying off the shelves, but hey more money in his pocket right... haha
    Definitely if those other pieces of the puzzle are handled!

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Just want to throw this out there. I was installing some rack stops this evening and noticed I bent a tie rod extension. I called the number on the website to leave a voicemail and Sean answered, even though it was 9pm Florida time. I had no idea that was his cell on the site. Moral of the story, just call the dude and you'll get taken care of, and taken care of well.

SLR is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '08 E46, E36,
    It's on the website for about a week now. Look under all products,or full catalog. Credit to tptrsn for the picture I will be updating with our own pictures as soon as we have them.

To everyone with criticisms: You are right, and we are working every day to provide a better and better experience. The company has grown immensely and yet it's still only myself and Kyle in the office daily, plus the fabrication & CNC team. I do struggle at time to manage everyone effectively, but I take complete responsibility for either not making customer service goals clear,or not hiring more people soon enough.

The last couple weeks I have been evaluating if Kyle and myself can work more efficiently to meet these goals, and will be making the decision about hiring more people very soon. In the past I've found that often if you just pull the trigger on something new, it pays for itself quickly, so I think it would free up a lot of my own time for new product development and finally branching out into other brands.

Thank you for the feedback and support everyone!
    Sean@SLR
    561-542-2810

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Hopefully things get worked out. At least you know what needs to be worked on. Filling them from a business perspective is hard. You can't just crack your head open and give someone else all the info they need.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123