Thread: Just bought 330 vert. What's next?

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5

Just bought 330 vert. What's next?

2004 330 vert. Auto 110k miles Alpine on dark grey. Coming from multiple e36s, I love all the creature comforts.

plan is to replace the tranny fluid/filter, replace water pump, expansion tank and tstat. Those appear to be the big problem areas from what I've read. What about any of these:

disa valve - do I have one?
    crank case vent - I heard I might have 2 of them
    vanos seals - I've done e36 vanos. E46 are supposed to be much easier
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Congratulations Lee!

I'd do the radiator, hoses and Tstat + housing too while there.
    Yes, there is a DISA valve. Easy to pull out, I would at least get the O ring that seals it to the manifold an replace that. You can test valve functionality - videos on Youtube. Oring could be had from ebay for $5.
    CCV needs to be replaced as a kit, available from FCP Euro. Only one valve, but a bunch of plastic hoses.

Certainly great time of season to rock a vert!

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Thanks. I was planning on doing the tstat housing too. So disa valve isn't anything to worry about? Sounds good.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5

Is there a chirp for the remote locks?

I'm used to all my cars making some kind of noise or at least flashing some lights when you lock/unlock with the remote. Can anything like that be programmed in? Remote works fine but I can't tell if the car received the signal as I'm walking away

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    I would at least check DISA and replace the O ring while there.

Yes, Flashing and or chirping can be programmed with a $40 BMW Software v.4 from ebay. Be careful though, that software only works on XP. If you are ever in Salem MA area in the evening/weekend, I'll be happy to share a beer and program it for you.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    You are a legend I'm moving to North Carolina in a few months. Hit me up if you're near Charlotte. Free beer

My Cars
    2002 325Ci Cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    I'm used to all my cars making some kind of noise or at least flashing some lights when you lock/unlock with the remote. Can anything like that be programmed in? Remote works fine but I can't tell if the car received the signal as I'm walking away
    I use PA Soft for programming. I purchased it specifically to disable the Daytime Running Lights and the Auto-Lock feature. PA Soft has options for what the car does when locked with a remote, including lights and chirps - but unless you have a factory installed BMW Alarm, you can't make it chirp.

Unless you have a code, there is no need to remove the DISA. The 'O-Ring' on the DISA is really not an O-Ring; it's a sealer that forms an O-Ring when installed at the factory. It takes patience and watchmaker tools (small bladed screwdriver) to remove the factory seal from the groove before you can then install a replacement O-Ring. If it ain't broke, don't take it off. If you do decide to replace the factory seal with a new O-Ring, the BLUE Fluorosilicone O-Ring is highly recommended.
    Last edited by All2kool; 04-16-2017 at 01:38 PM.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by All2kool View Post
    I use PA Soft for programming. I purchased it specifically to disable the Daytime Running Lights and the Auto-Lock feature. PA Soft has options for what the car does when locked with a remote, including lights and chirps - but unless you have a factory installed BMW Alarm, you can't make it chirp.

Unless you have a code, there is no need to remove the DISA. The 'O-Ring' on the DISA is really not an O-Ring; it's a sealer that forms an O-Ring when installed at the factory. It takes patience and watchmaker tools (small bladed screwdriver) to remove the factory seal from the groove before you can then install a replacement O-Ring. If it ain't broke, don't take it off. If you do decide to replace the factory seal with a new O-Ring, the BLUE Fluorosilicone O-Ring is highly recommended.
    Thanks I have INPA and DIS for coding and programming. I've always used them on e36s so it's set up for ADS. I need to reconfigure it for OBD.