Thread: ABS with both ASC and DSC!?

My Cars
    2000 528iT Sport

ABS with both ASC and DSC!?

I am battling the dreaded ABS tri-fecta. I have a 2000 528iT (Sport 5spd Built 12/99) with a used replacement ABS module from Module Masters. It has never worked right and this battle has been going on for a while. It has been coded by my indie but still the lights are on with pressure sensor codes. (More on that in a minute) Tried replacing the pressure sensor but it didn't fix it. Our prime suspect now is the DSC pre-charge pump but...

I just set up a WinXP laptop with INPA/EasyDIS to dig into myself a bit. I am under the assumption that this is setup correctly as I can connect to the car with both INPA and EasyDIS as well as NCSExpert. I can read and clear codes, turn things on, see live data etc.

When I connect to the DSC module in INPA I get a "Version Mismatch" error but can click thru to see the module, clear it's codes (the lights go out but come back on and codes reappear) and look at data flowing through the system. The error code is "114 pressure sensor (Offset)"

In EasyDIS I see both a DSC module and an ASC module under chassis which seems not right. When I run the short test on the ASC I get the "other module" message in attached pic. Clicking ok, the test runs, both modules appear clear for a moment but then the DSC shows an error - 72 Pressure Sensor, zero deviation.

So, since both INPA nd DIS are showing pressure related codes I might be inclined to try a new sensor again and follow that path. But, this ASC/DSC thing doesn't look right. Is it possible this module is messed up or not properly coded? I should say I did code it via NCSExpert and it succeeded but why the version mismatch? Somethings up right?

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Version mismatch is because your INPA data files do not match your INPA configuration/version. No big deal, has nothing to do with car modules.
    It will still work fine.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S