Thread: So I brought a carly

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ

So I brought a carly

Ok so I purchased a carly for my 07 E60. It came in today but I have not purchased the pro application for my Samsung. My question is, I went into the coding for lights and the option for making my AE as my DRL. I'm not 100% sure if I have LM2 module or just LM... But there are tons of options for making the halos/angel eyes as DRL and change the brightness. Now I'm not able to code it because I didn't buy the pro package. I just want to make sure that I can turn these options on before paying another 60 bucks for the pro and would love to hear some people's feed back about the carly pro like is it worth it or not??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    DavidHefAJ
    I purchased carly for my E36 and E90 and have used it to.code others cars also.....simply amazing app. Hands down best app for bmw owners BUY IT it's well worth it as long as you have the proper cables/adapters. Keep in mind different adapters/cables ha e different coding capabilities also.

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSideTay View Post
    I purchased carly for my E36 and E90 and have used it to.code others cars also.....simply amazing app. Hands down best app for bmw owners BUY IT it's well worth it as long as you have the proper cables/adapters. Keep in mind different adapters/cables ha e different coding capabilities also.
    Yes I have a E60 and I'm purchasing a 2014 F10 that it is compatible with. I just wanted to make sure it was worth buying the pro app. I scanned my ECUs and it came up with the option to turn my halos into my DRL lights, so I'm assuming since it scanned and made a back up file it's able to code it? Right?

My Cars
    DavidHefAJ
    Yes

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSideTay View Post
    Yes
    thank you for your help. I will look into it more in the morning.

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Well tried a few codes today and it worked. Did my halos as DRL but need to change them to white LED don't really see the blue in the day. And I also got the car to unlock when key is taken out. That was the most annoying thing ever lol. Pull on door handle 2 times or hit unlock button just to get out. Have to really sit with the car and app and go threw everything that can code and I want to diagnose the car see if any fault codes come up... What do I code so my led bulbs I put in don't come up with malfunctions when first starting car??

My Cars
    1987 M6
    I built an INPA laptop, but can't activate my audio aux. input because my daten are old for my 2006, 530XI. If the Carly is easier to keep current and use, I might want to buy it.

Answers to the following questions would really help me decide.
    Can the Carly activate the aux. radio input for me?
    Could it code a battery?
    Will it report transmission faults?
    Could it reset ABS and airbag faults?

Thanks.

Jose
    1987 M6
    Livin the dream!

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    I have INPA and all the software as Well. Carly, omg it's like a breeze. It's so much faster and easier then threw the computer and cord. But I'm sure there is still things that carly can't do that inpa and ncsexpert will do in a breeze. It's worth It in my oppinon. I still have to take some time to go threw it all..

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3, 2009 550i
    Bought a Carly and App several days ago. Connected perfectly. Worked flawlessly. Had to pay for 2 "upgrades". Total of $58 for the blutooth/odb interface, around $60 for the App, and $26 for the upgrades. Call it $150 for everything. Registered my new (ish) battery. One of the in app upgrades. Also recoded a few things in the CCC, and other modules. Turn signals in the HUD, removing the disclaimer in the CCC, turned off the seat belt warnings, doors unlock when car is shut off ( no more double pulls!)

Considering that my stealership wanted $100 to register the battery, and wouldn't even consider changing the coding, I consider this a vast savings, and I love the way things work now!!

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    So I have a question. I was looking to do some coding in the idrive but says that there isn't any available for my 07 E60.. And yes it was totally worth the money. Like I have stated previously. I still have my cable INPA NCSEXPERT and all the other goodies. But to do quick coding like the door locks or DRL lights it's worth it.

My Cars
    530i & F30 320i
    Can Carly adjust idle speed?
    BMW E60 530i & F30 320i

"Its sometimes better to shut up and be thought of as a fool than to speak and have all doubts removed"

My Cars
    1987 M6
    I took a peek at the Carly features. It does a lot of cool stuff. More complex things like activating a missing audio feature (aux. input) don't look possible though.

Jose

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHose View Post
    I took a peek at the Carly features. It does a lot of cool stuff. More complex things like activating a missing audio feature (aux. input) don't look possible though.

Jose
    I have one. It works great. But you can do a lot more with the obd cable and INPA. But it's more complex and takes A lot longer.

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3, 2009 550i
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex0607 View Post
    Can Carly adjust idle speed?
    I saw a feature that allows you to adjust the idle speed when the A/C is on. Didn't see anything about idle speed in general.

My Cars
    07 530xiT, 05 CLK500 Cab
    Anyone is south FL have one of these....I'd be willing to pay for a few "adjustments".
    BMWCCA # 12660
    PCA # 1994019867
    2019 Porsche Macan S (75% Mine)
    2018 M/B C 300 Cabrio AMG (wifes)
    2003 Porsche 996 Cabrio 6 speed (99% mine)
    ***FOR SALE 2007 BMW E 61 530xiT
    I WILL BE NEEDING A BMW E 30 CABRIO SOON
    2014 M/B GLK 350 (awful car, lease) gone
    2005 M/B CLK 500 AMG gone
    3 Z3's (gone)
    2006 911 S Cabrio (gone)
    4 Boxsters (gone)
    2006 X5 3.0 (gone)
    1999 528iT (gone)
    1994 525iT (gone)
    7 Assorted 911's (gone)
    60 others (gone over 70 years)

My Cars
    06 530xi Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Synisalo View Post
    Bought a Carly and App several days ago. Connected perfectly. Worked flawlessly. Had to pay for 2 "upgrades". Total of $58 for the blutooth/odb interface, around $60 for the App, and $26 for the upgrades. Call it $150 for everything. Registered my new (ish) battery. One of the in app upgrades. Also recoded a few things in the CCC, and other modules. Turn signals in the HUD, removing the disclaimer in the CCC, turned off the seat belt warnings, doors unlock when car is shut off ( no more double pulls!)

Considering that my stealership wanted $100 to register the battery, and wouldn't even consider changing the coding, I consider this a vast savings, and I love the way things work now!!
    Synisalo, did your battery registration got recorded? I bought mine and carly never gave me a history of when the battery was registered last. was wondering just curious.

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3, 2009 550i
    Yes it was recorded. I double checked the next day after I did the registration.