Thread: New softop vendors

My Cars
    03 525it/5, 1967 GTO

New softop vendors

Where have people had good luck with sourcing replacement tops lately? I was considering diamondmall via eBay based on prior posts here but a quick google search turns up a number of unsavory reviews. I want one with the plastic retainers to help make the install easier.

My Cars
    22 doors and 4 tops
    I pick up and sell allot of tops off wrecked or broke down cars for a fraction of the price and even install them if the person brings the car to me. I find it much easier to just swap the entire assembly. Takes about 1 hrs to complete a swap. I'll also ship full assemblies out if needed on pallets. PM me if your interested and I can send you pics. The swap is really not that hard.

My Cars
    94 BMW 318i Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by 66 6 View Post
    I pick up and sell allot of tops off wrecked or broke down cars for a fraction of the price and even install them if the person brings the car to me. I find it much easier to just swap the entire assembly. Takes about 1 hrs to complete a swap. I'll also ship full assemblies out if needed on pallets. PM me if your interested and I can send you pics. The swap is really not that hard.
    Hey Greg where can I get the soft top from you?
    Im looking for one for my 1994 BMW 318i, Im from California and Im not sure if you live around my area, can you contact me as soon as you read this?

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    I have used diamondmall for both tops that I replaced. I've been very satisfied both times. The last one I did was 2 years ago. It still looks brand new. I don't know what kind of bad reviews you read. I know plenty of other people that have the same experience as me.

You our have to be VERY careful buying soft tops off eBay. Read the listing very carefully then read it again. Don't read words that are not there just because you want them to be. If you have questions then ask the vendor.

theres plenty of places to get a new top. Topsonline has a very good reputation. I chose diamondmall after searching and comparing prices for a couple weeks.
    Last edited by flyfishvt; 04-13-2017 at 05:36 AM.

My Cars
    22 doors and 4 tops
    Quote Originally Posted by pczfe36 View Post
    Hey Greg where can I get the soft top from you?
    Im looking for one for my 1994 BMW 318i, Im from California and Im not sure if you live around my area, can you contact me as soon as you read this?
    PM'ed you but I'm in Maryland........

My Cars
    03 525it/5, 1967 GTO
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    I have used diamondmall for both tops that I replaced. I've been very satisfied both times. The last one I did was 2 years ago. It still looks brand new. I don't know what kind of bad reviews you read. I know plenty of other people that have the same experience as me.
    Thanks Fly. Diamondmall prices seem to be $60-$80 inside of topsonline which is appealing. Their reviews are good on eBay but like most online vendors there's a number of negative ones. Searching by both diamondmall and autoberry.com (parent co) turns them up. Mostly comments about no warranty support or help post-purchase and a few about questionable materials.

My Cars
    E21 320i, 300CE
    You are better off with the OEM one trust me. The material and color and much better. I regret buying an aftermarket one i should have looked into a used one.

My Cars
    03 525it/5, 1967 GTO
    Unfortunately the OEM one costs 1/3 the value of my car. I think the more expensive Haartz Twillfast cloth that topsonline carries is similar to OEM in texture and appearance. Nice wheels btw.

My Cars
    E21 320i, 300CE
    LOL its true but i am sure if you can be a little bit patient you might be able to get a good deal. Thank you and good luck.