Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Updating Lighting on my Pre Facelift. Held off long enough. LCM 4, G4 Bi-Xenon, etc.

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    D@mn that's hot...

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Yeah, that came out nice. I bit too dark for me, but overall nice. Is is possible to buy just the amber corner piece? Anyone have a link? I warming up to the Euro chrome piece, but if I don't like it long term, I can switch to the amber.
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by philly98540 View Post
    Yeah, that came out nice. I bit too dark for me, but overall nice. Is is possible to buy just the amber corner piece? Anyone have a link? I warming up to the Euro chrome piece, but if I don't like it long term, I can switch to the amber.
    I'll be doing a couple more conversions soon. I usually send them to a guy in Croatia that uses them for US headlight conversions (inorite!?), but if you want a set Chris, I could do that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    That would be great Paul. Set a pair aside for me.
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    That would be great Paul. Set a pair aside for me.
    Ok, might be a couple weeks, if you can wait.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Yeah, no rush. I'll likely go with these Euro ones for now and see how I like it. Also I'm waiting on the halo's and other parts I still need. I'll be moving slow on this.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    I'm going with the Euro chrome ones. I think they will look great on a carbon black body color.

- - - Updated - - -

Have seen a few pictures on the internet and they do look really nice.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Correction. Meant to say clear and not chromes.

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    On these reps they are chrome coated plastic. Are the real hellas or the DJ's clear?

My Cars
    W220 S55 AMG, E39 540i6
    No, I think they are chrome coated plastic as well. But it's like a striated look. In pics it looks exactly like the eBay reps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris
    -------------------------------------
    04 Mercedes S55 AMG
    97 BMW 540i6

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    they are clear, with the chrome coating on the inside, or the back side.

- - - Updated - - -

I also have some clear amber pieces that I am not gonna use, if anyone needs them. They came with the aftermarket clear lenses that I got from Cal45.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Thanks for confirming. That's how mine are too. Auaq was saying clear not chromed, so that confused me. Thanks for offer on the Ambers.

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Warning, I'm a bit of a NOOB on some of module this coding stuff.

Yesterday morning I was playing around with PA Soft and DIS to ensure I can work on coding the new LCM 4. PA Soft works without issue and I can see where to update the VIN and Mileage on the new LCM. No problem there.

The issue I'm having is on my copy of DIS. I have Easy DIS V44 that came with the BMCables suite of programs. I have the virtual machine running on my windows 10 laptop and DIS is up and working fine, but the "coding/program" button is grayed out and not functioning. I thought V44 should be able to do the coding, and only later versions could not... Anyone have any clues why its not working?

I think I need this working to program the new LCM 4 to an E39 profile. It came from an 04 X5.

Or maybe I can just bypass this step and code it with NCS Expert or some other application. The BMCables has a few other programming applications, but I'm not sure what to use if DIS is a no go... Thanks for any help.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Warning, I'm a bit of a NOOB on some of module this coding stuff.

Yesterday morning I was playing around with PA Soft and DIS to ensure I can work on coding the new LCM 4. PA Soft works without issue and I can see where to update the VIN and Mileage on the new LCM. No problem there.

The issue I'm having is on my copy of DIS. I have Easy DIS V44 that came with the BMCables suite of programs. I have the virtual machine running on my windows 10 laptop and DIS is up and working fine, but the "coding/program" button is grayed out and not functioning. I thought V44 should be able to do the coding, and only later versions could not... Anyone have any clues why its not working?

I think I need this working to program the new LCM 4 to an E39 profile. It came from an 04 X5.

Or maybe I can just bypass this step and code it with NCS Expert or some other application. The BMCables has a few other programming applications, but I'm not sure what to use if DIS is a no go... Thanks for any help.
    Use ncs expert. Use expert profile, read zcs from ews, run sg_codieren, then use ncsdummy profile and read coding, then make the bi-xenon coding changes. There is a bi-xenon PWM setting that needs to change to the non-default setting (can't remember the value, bit it's the one that is not currently set. That will allow the bi-xenon activation pin to work on the LCM. Cut the wire going to the LWR module if you have it and wire the LWR side of the wire to one of the parking light outputs on the LCM, then use the LCM end of the cut wire and run that to both shutters (tap into the wire for passenger side and continue the wire to driver side). The other shutter wires go to either high or low beam grounds (just tap into existing ground wires).

-Paul

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Thanks for getting back Paul. From what you said, I'll should just bail on using DIS altogether and just use NCS Expert for the coding.

So, to get started with the new LCM 4, I will set VIN and mileage with PASoft, then just see what does and does not work correctly to guide what changes I need to do in NCS Expert.

I am pre-facelift halogen, so I don't have LWR module on my car. (I think thats what you were referring to). I want to have quad high beams, so was thinking of just doing a Y splitter off my high beam connector to power the shutter on the projector. If I go this route, I assume I don't have to mess with the PWM setting or running a wire from the LCM to power the shutter. Sound right?

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Thanks for getting back Paul. From what you said, I'll should just bail on using DIS altogether and just use NCS Expert for the coding.

So, to get started with the new LCM 4, I will set VIN and mileage with PASoft, then just see what does and does not work correctly to guide what changes I need to do in NCS Expert.

I am pre-facelift halogen, so I don't have LWR module on my car. (I think thats what you were referring to). I want to have quad high beams, so was thinking of just doing a Y splitter off my high beam connector to power the shutter on the projector. If I go this route, I assume I don't have to mess with the PWM setting or running a wire from the LCM to power the shutter. Sound right?
    You are correct and if you're doing the splitters, you do the vin and mileage in pa soft, then use ncs expert to code to defaults using an expert profile (sg_codieren).

-Paul

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Awesome. Thanks for getting back on that. If you hear a crash, thats me bricking this module.

I want to power the angel eyes so they are DRL and also when the interior lights come on during unlocking, etc. I'll likely copy your diode trick you did a while back to do this.

On my pre-facelift I have the dual filament turn signal/parking bulb. The new lights just use a single filament bulb. I was hoping I could use the wire that was used to power the parking light filament to power the AE's. That way, I do not have to run any new wires up front. I'll just tap into the the correct LCM output wires at the LCM, and add the additional power feeds with the diodes like you did. I think this will work. I'm not sure if that old parking filament wire will be used for anything after the changes, so I think it should be available to use it for the AE's? Any thoughts?

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Awesome. Thanks for getting back on that. If you hear a crash, thats me bricking this module.

I want to power the angel eyes so they are DRL and also when the interior lights come on during unlocking, etc. I'll likely copy your diode trick you did a while back to do this.

On my pre-facelift I have the dual filament turn signal/parking bulb. The new lights just use a single filament bulb. I was hoping I could use the wire that was used to power the parking light filament to power the AE's. That way, I do not have to run any new wires up front. I'll just tap into the the correct LCM output wires at the LCM, and add the additional power feeds with the diodes like you did. I think this will work. I'm not sure if that old parking filament wire will be used for anything after the changes, so I think it should be available to use it for the AE's? Any thoughts?
    You are exactly correct. The side light (aka parking light) is what is used for the AEs. That is why when an AE bulb burns out, it says "check side lights".

Yeah, that diode thing is something Brian and I thought of having professionally made to sell. It works really well. Could make two versions that do the rear parking lights or not.

-Paul

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    I got me a plan now! Thanks. Now I just need to execute...

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    I got me a plan now! Thanks. Now I just need to execute...
    Get on it!

-Paul

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    I need to do the same thing with mine having the AE's running as DRL and also come on when I unlock+open the doors. The thing is I don't actually have DRL in mine like I had in my old 530i, so I may just revert to tapping into the wires that power the interior lights when the door opens.

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Just find an keyed on power source near lcm and do the diode thing that Paul did. Connect that to your AE power wires at the lcm.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Come to think of it my AE kit came with a wiring harness where I need to tap one wire to door light power source and one to ignition source.

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Yeah, you can use that kit, but I'd just throw that out and do the diodes. Same principle, but up to you.

I just installed LCM4 and coded Vin and mileage. Worked perfectly. Tamper dot disappears like majic. Suprisingly everything worked on my old lighting. Highs, lows, turns, parks, everything. DRL on highs were now on, so I went back into PA SOFT and turned that off. Xenons were enabled, so I turned that off too for now. I never needed NCS expert.

I'm still waiting on AE's wth. Stuck till they come in.

I need a pin out of the LCM to locate my front parking filament wires as well as interior lights so I can tap in

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Paul, care to provide a link? I'd like to see this diode setup you did to run AE's all the time. For now going to stick with the original plan.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast