Thread: Difference in brands for Fuel pump?

My Cars
    2005 BMW 330Ci Coupe

Difference in brands for Fuel pump?

Does anybody know the difference in the fuel pump brands that they sell on FCP euro? My 2005 E46 330ci is starting to show symptoms of fuel pump failure at 82,000 miles and I want to make a purchase as soon as possible but before I do I want to know if there's a difference in quality relating to the brands on that website. I believe the three brands they sell are Siemens VDO, Bosch, and Genuine BMW. Obviously genuine BMW is the best but I'm trying to see if the other cost-effective brands are any good at all? Any differences between them? Thanks for the help

Hi mate id personally myself either go with siemens or bosch but bosch usually do a good strong pump

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2005 BMW 330Ci Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunturner82 View Post
    Hi mate id personally myself either go with siemens or bosch but bosch usually do a good strong pump

Any experience using any of them? Thanks for the reply

The bosch one i put it on my e46 325 about 2 year ago an not had a problem since i replaced one on my vectra about 4 year ago with a bosch one an 50,000 miles later its still holding strong

My Cars
    1999 BMW 328i
    My car has a bosch pump on and it has at least 100k since it shows that it was replaced in my paperwork bosch is always good for oem bmw stuff

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    The Bosch and Siemens are both OEM, so they can be substituted for Genuine BMW OE.
    That, along with FCPEuro being a trusted supplier, with lifetime warranty, you should be fine.

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Leothelion092 View Post
    Does anybody know the difference in the fuel pump brands that they sell on FCP euro? My 2005 E46 330ci is starting to show symptoms of fuel pump failure at 82,000 miles and I want to make a purchase as soon as possible but before I do I want to know if there's a difference in quality relating to the brands on that website. I believe the three brands they sell are Siemens VDO, Bosch, and Genuine BMW. Obviously genuine BMW is the best but I'm trying to see if the other cost-effective brands are any good at all? Any differences between them? Thanks for the help
    VDO is OE for the E46 non M models. That is to say it's used as original equipment by BMW and is the same part you would buy from BMW as a Genuine part. Bosch is an OEM equivalent meaning it's made by an OEM supplier for BMW but is not used as the OE supplier for this one application. Given the choice I would personally go with the OE VDO option.
    Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping on $49+, and Hassle-Free Returns.
    FCP Euro - OEM & Genuine European Auto Parts Online