Thread: Aliexpress Custom Floor Mats. Thoughts?

My Cars
    87 M6, 90 325iC, 89 iX

Aliexpress Custom Floor Mats. Thoughts?

What does everyone think of these as an option for the E30? I would prefer them made of carpet but, I am thinking these wouldn't look too bad in a car with an all black interior. And the "extended" coverage is a benefit IMHO.

The other question would be how safe is it ordering through Aliexpress? I am apprehensive about giving my credit card info directly to them. I have ordered plenty of stuff from China off EBay and paid through PayPal but, this doesn't have those levels of buyer protection. Advice?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cust...99999.7.ZUVz0o
    Attached Images Attached Images

323i E30 is offline ⅂!ʈө !ƨ l!ʞө ɐ ʇөlөbµouө
    My Cars
    M52 E30 touring & E91
    It actually looks to me like a weird carpet with missing floormats
    Looks easy to clean though and would have to see a pic of these in an E30, but I think I'd pass.
    ^ true story

D̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶2̶1̶

My Cars
    87 M6, 90 325iC, 89 iX
    For a few dollars more you can get them with mats on top of the above style mats which I feel looks a lot better. They are not carpet but, rather some woven type of what looks like an outdoor kind of material.

Maybe I will just have to be the guinea pig.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cust...611eb9d2&tpp=1
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    325ix, 325ix, 540i
    Buy it and find out. Tell us your experience. I doubt anyone here has ordered them before.
    If your e30 runs bad, switch to Megasquirt first. Then try new spark plugs, cap and rotor, wires, oxygen sensor, crank shaft position sensor, coolant temp sensor, air flow meter, idle control valve, throttle position sensor, digital motor electronics unit, harmonic balancer, fuel injectors, engine harness...

My Cars
    87 M6, 90 325iC, 89 iX
    Well, not that I don't need to buy floorboards to replace the one rusted one before floor mats but, I just couldn't wait to see what the quality of these is. I ended up getting the two piece style instead of just the quilted style. In my searching I found several different designs coming out of China but, the ones I chose have binding sewn all the way around the upper non quilted mat where some of the other ones are not bound.

Shipping can take up to 30 to 45 days but I will report back my review once they arrive.

My Cars
    87 M6, 90 325iC, 89 iX
    These arrived several days ago and I am very pleased with the quality. I do not think I would get the standard mats without the additional mat covering just the floor section. The quality is very nice. The mats are very thick. I have not installed them yet as I just got the car back from the body shop from having two rust holes in the floorboards repaired. I will post an update and photos once I have installed them. Hopefully the fit is just as nice as the mats themselves.

More to follow.

My Cars
    Two 1989 BMW's e30 325iS
    U got the bottom and top mats? They look interesting

My Cars
    87 M6, 90 325iC, 89 iX
    I did. I thought the diamond pattern would have been too much without the top mats. The added benefit of these would be that they extend up the sides of the transmission tunnel as well as over the transmission tunnel in the rear. For those who have worn carpets or do a color change these cover a larger area. The thickness also may help in reducing road noise but, that was not an initial consideration when I bought them. I need to finish re-dying my carpets and get them back in the car so I can see how these fit once installed.

My Cars
    e30, e61
    If you decide you don't like them, another option is CocoMats.com. You can order their basic templates, or they can do custom ones for you.

My Cars
    Two 1989 BMW's e30 325iS
    Hey plz send me the link, I kinda want to get them but I couldn't order them with that link? And colors etc

My Cars
    1989 325ic
    Aliexpress seems to have come a long way, as Chinese makers come out from under the cloud of counterfeit goods and copycat knockoffs, putting more energy into marketing products of their own creativity. I haven't been that interested in them personally, other than watching similarities as Amazon flirts with - and struggles to fend off - its own wave of counterfeit and knockoff goods from China.

I wanted something as close to what a BMW dealer might have offered in 1989, and got the Lloyd mats from Pelican. They're made in Mexico for a California company (Lloyd), sold by a California vendor (Pelican) - all much-preferred places for me.

My Cars
    Two 1989 BMW's e30 325iS
    I got the app..I'm tempted to buy them..they look very luxury and sporty to me.since I can place the mats ontop of it...gonna try and look up a YouTube review.