Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interior Prices

My Cars
    e24 M6 / e36 M3

Interior Prices

Hi Guys I recently bought a 1998 M3 with black interior with non power non heated vaders. I have since removed rear seat and front seats and replaced with recaro's since I am tracking the car now. I have seen interior prices ALL over the place. Whats a ball park fair price for this interior...I would say condition is 9/10...no rips no tears minimal wear on drivers side bolster.

Greatly appreciate your help !
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Keep it original.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    1999 Mustang Cobra SVT
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    Keep it original.
    This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E21 323i, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOctober View Post
    This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tracked e36s don't exactly hold their value at this point.

OP, by "interior" do you mean the seats, the seats and door panels, or virtually everything? Locally I've seen $300-$1k for black M3 vaders + rear seats

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Untrack it. Buy a 325is, they make good track sheds.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    e24 M6 / e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdish View Post
    Tracked e36s don't exactly hold their value at this point.

OP, by "interior" do you mean the seats, the seats and door panels, or virtually everything? Locally I've seen $300-$1k for black M3 vaders + rear seats

seats & door panels

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    Untrack it. Buy a 325is, they make good track sheds.
    lol too late now....I bought this car for ridiculously cheap anyways so I'm happy with my purchase

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    keep the interior in case you want to sell the car one day. that interior (all seats) probably like $1000 - $1200.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Yeah, once you reach the point of stripping the interior you're sort of at the point of no return for a track car, especially if a cage is next on the list. It's probably pretty unlikely that the car will ever be in a condition to have the interior put back in and sold as a daily driver, so may as well sell it if you can get good money for it. Makes sense to me, although it is a bit sad to see an M3 with an interior in that good a shape have it stripped out. My dove grey driver seat doesn't look nearly that nice (bolster is trashed).

Personally, I still daily drive mine in addition to tracking it, and my master plan is to keep it looking as stock as possible while upgrading basically everything I can underneath. Full interior, AC, stereo, spare tire, all still there. Entire suspension, diff, wheels/tires, brakes, and engine all upgraded to an extent that's still ok on the street but robust enough to handle a road course with 130+ mph straights (in this car).

My Cars
    e24 M6 / e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by TostitoBandito View Post
    Yeah, once you reach the point of stripping the interior you're sort of at the point of no return for a track car, especially if a cage is next on the list. It's probably pretty unlikely that the car will ever be in a condition to have the interior put back in and sold as a daily driver, so may as well sell it if you can get good money for it. Makes sense to me, although it is a bit sad to see an M3 with an interior in that good a shape have it stripped out. My dove grey driver seat doesn't look nearly that nice (bolster is trashed).

Personally, I still daily drive mine in addition to tracking it, and my master plan is to keep it looking as stock as possible while upgrading basically everything I can underneath. Full interior, AC, stereo, spare tire, all still there. Entire suspension, diff, wheels/tires, brakes, and engine all upgraded to an extent that's still ok on the street but robust enough to handle a road course with 130+ mph straights (in this car).
    Thanks for reply...hard to believe the interior was kept in such good condition over the years.
    Last edited by Bm6w; 05-15-2017 at 08:33 AM.

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    If you were local I'd try to say "ya ya 300-1k" pricing because I want it... The truth is, from what I see, that interior is worth a lot. E36 interiors do not age well at all. A friend recently sold his black vaders with 105k miles on them, FRONTS ONLY, for around $1600 on eBay. They were not greased up and had a good soft original matte finish to them still. It was an auction format and the guy flew to CA from CO to get them... nuts! I think you would do best to remove everything from the car, *degrease the leather, and stage everything for nice detailed photos for eBay. You may see it fetch over $2k if the door panels are not bubbling and the seats are really 9/10. Do not sell yourself short on these parts. People will pay good money for them.

*degrease the leather; Let me explain. The original finish, as new, is MATTE black... almost a chalk black. Do not get into any BS leather "care" or "conditioner" products. All you want is a cleaner that will break up the accumulated grease and dirt from years of use. Let the next owner decide what products to maintain or ruin the seats with. Gliptone CLEANER only will do a good job. If you want something more aggressive and readily available you can use 50/50 water and Simple Green. No the simple green will not damage the leather and no it will not dry it out. No harsh scrubbing is required but maybe get yourself a soft bristled face brush or nail brush to get in all the pores. Wipe off with distilled water with whatever method you use and don't do anything else. People will pay more to see it looking as new as possible. Greased up black leather sells for less.

OT: If you haven't seen this: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...2#post29649752 you may want to consider it for pairing with that wing at full height
    Last edited by Braymond141; 04-05-2017 at 03:16 PM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Love all the people in here telling OP what to do with HIS car...

My Cars
    e24 M6 / e36 M3
    Its fine no hard feelings that is why I posted! I know if I sell my interior I probably will never find another interior in as good as condition....however I don't plan on ever selling the car. The e36 M3 in my opinion is such a fun car...front engine RWD, no crazy electronics...actually with my epic tune the ASC is 100% turned off. I weighed my car today and I was at 2840, doing sunroof delete this weekend which will drop another ~32 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rajicase View Post

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bm6w View Post
    I weighed my car today and I was at 2840, doing sunroof delete this weekend which will drop another ~32 lbs.
    Nice. You swapped out the glass for lexan yet? You still have the doors on?

My Cars
    e24 M6 / e36 M3
    Stock glass and doors. I have rear seats removed & most sound detoning removed from the rear area & trunk. Recaro buckets up front. AA exhaust & light weight battery.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Cool, 350-400 pounds is more than I would've expected for just the interior/trunk stuff. Can probably get down to around 2500-2600 pounds after glass and body work. That's a fast car even with the stock S52.

My Cars
    e24 M6 / e36 M3
    335lbs to be exact! I don't plan on removing glass or doing body panels. After sunroom delete + roll bar install I'll probably be around 2880.

Quote Originally Posted by TostitoBandito View Post
    Cool, 350-400 pounds is more than I would've expected for just the interior/trunk stuff. Can probably get down to around 2500-2600 pounds after glass and body work. That's a fast car even with the stock S52.

My Cars
    95 M3, 86 325
    Quote Originally Posted by rajicase View Post
    No doubt.

Still, I think it's because a lot of us (if we had a relatively mint low miles car) would try to keep it stock. Since the nicest E30 M3s are pretty much all bought up (or fetching upwards of 50k), unmolested E36s (even with some miles) are starting to tick up in value.

OP, you should see good money for that interior. 1k (or more) shouldn't be out of the question.

My Cars
    95 M3 coupe, 97 M3 sedan
    After sunroom delete + roll bar install I'll probably be around 2880.
    Sounds about right depending on how stripped you are. Before going to a full cage, my 95 gutted/sunroof delete/HVAC removed/race seats + Kirk roll bar was 2770. That was with all factory glass intact (which it still is). All those interior bits and sound deadening add up to some serious mass! Dropping weight = magic on track. The car gets noticeably quicker everywhere.

My Cars
    e24 M6 / e36 M3
    Very tempting to sell interior after reading what others have posted. Door cards are in great shape as well no bubbling. Hmm....

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    You definitely should, but as has been said your interior is very nice so hold out for some good $ for it. The front seats alone could get you $1000+ to the right person.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    for a track car you can do those Hardmotorsport door cards, they look pretty nice for being a race car item.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    e24 M6 / e36 M3
    Yup exactly what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    for a track car you can do those Hardmotorsport door cards, they look pretty nice for being a race car item.

My Cars
    6/92 m50 non vanos coupe
    hey op, i paid probably $1000 for e46 manual fromt seats, rear coupe seats, front door panels and enough suede and glue to cover the rest myself.

seen vaders sell for 1000+ if PERFECT.
    door panels rear: 100
    door panels front: 500
    id say a lil less than 2k for the whole interior, carpet and everything.

also, i hate this forum sometimes. he was asking the value, not weather he should buy an m or non-m e36z
    Last edited by gchutes; 04-07-2017 at 03:04 PM.

My Cars
    6/92 m50 non vanos coupe
    Yup exactly what I was thinking
    you can get those OR fix your windows in place

My Cars
    e24 M6 / e36 M3
    Thx for the reply. I am having discussions with a few members via PM and most likely will be reaching an agreement in the near future

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast