Thread: Hello from rock hill, sc!

My Cars
    1998 M3 Vert fern/Modena

Hello from rock hill, sc!

Hey - recently moved to rock hill and also picked up an e36 m3 - anyone else from the rock hill/fort mill area? I was at cars and coffee this weekend in charlottte and saw a disappointingly low amount of bimmers - hope that isn't indicative of a lack of enthusiasts around these parts.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Another Charlotte resident here. I wasn't at Cars and Coffee this past Saturday but there is usually a half dozen or so M3's that show up. I guess last Saturday was the last one being held at Windstream and another location has not been identified yet, so the future of Charlotte Cars and Coffee is uncertain.

There is a Cars and Cappuccino event held at Caribou Coffee on Fairview Rd the last Saturday of the month for Euro only cars. I only made it to one of those last year, it's a much smaller crowd but there were a few e92 and f80 M3s at that event as well, they have a Facebook group.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Vert fern/Modena
    HA! Cars and Cappuccino - love it! I'll have to check that out. PM me if you go ever - it'd be nice to meet some fellow euro guys, right now I only have a few friends in the JDM crowd down here.

My Cars
    '95 Avus M3, E39 M5
    Charlotte here as well. Either of you into wrenching?

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloff19 View Post
    Charlotte here as well. Either of you into wrenching?
    I do just about all my own work, so yeah you could say I am into it.

Also wanted to say that a new Cars and Coffee location has been nailed down, and there will be one tomorrow at 135 Hive Dr. Charlotte. I am still undecided if I'm going or not, either way I won't have my M3.

My Cars
    '95 Avus M3, E39 M5
    I saw that. I'm out of town unfortunately :/

Let me know if you ever need a hand. In the midst of setting up my garage shop so haven't moved all my tools down yet. What's happening with the M3?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Thanks for the offer, where are you at and where did you come from? I've only been down here for about a year and a half, I came from Massachusetts. I live in the Hickory Grove area now, but am in the process of buying a house in Matthews.

I just redid all the bushings and ball joints in the rear suspension/sub-frame, I still need to change out the guibo, motor mounts, change the trans fluid, and do an oil change before I take it off the jack stands. Then I will will be onto the interior to re-do the door cards and the headliner.

My Cars
    '95 Avus M3, E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by smr87 View Post
    Thanks for the offer, where are you at and where did you come from? I've only been down here for about a year and a half, I came from Massachusetts. I live in the Hickory Grove area now, but am in the process of buying a house in Matthews.

I just redid all the bushings and ball joints in the rear suspension/sub-frame, I still need to change out the guibo, motor mounts, change the trans fluid, and do an oil change before I take it off the jack stands. Then I will will be onto the interior to re-do the door cards and the headliner.
    Fun stuff. We are in university area; down from Michigan. Trying to get a lift in before I tackle the deferred maintenance on the e39 I've let build up since we moved down Aug '15.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Just moved to Rock Hill from New England. Still getting unpacked. I have a turbo 98 M3 vert and a 04 330 vert. I'll drive the m3 until next spring when the tags run out then the plan is to part it out.

My Cars
    '95 Avus M3, E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    Just moved to Rock Hill from New England. Still getting unpacked. I have a turbo 98 M3 vert and a 04 330 vert. I'll drive the m3 until next spring when the tags run out then the plan is to part it out.
    Why parting it out?

May be interested in some stuff if you do...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk