Thread: Methanol

My Cars
    2010 535i X-drive, 6mt

Methanol

Hello all,
    Hoping I can get some help in the category of methanol injection! I am considering this for my current project car and was hoping for some help understanding the system and it's components, installation process and anything else you might want to add!
    I'll be posting this in a few other locations

By the way, my project is a 2010 535i X-drive, 6mt.

Thanks!

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Look at Aquamist, snow performance, and aem and you will find some systems and learn a lot. I use Aquamist but it's the most expensive. Have been using Aquamist for over 15 years.

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    Meth Injection is good for cooling intake

My Cars
    BMW
    I'm a big fan of Snow Performance, I run their Stage 3 N54 set up on my daily, it was very easy and straight forward to install. Reliability with their kits is also fantastic. As pbonsalb said Aquamist is also great, I've used their stuff in the past never with a single issue.

-James

My Cars
    2008 BMW 320i
    I'm installing an AEM kit right now but having issues with the MAP sensor reading. The stock MAP is reading 5v at idle and approaching zero when we open up the throttle to full - the reverse of what I need for the controller. Sure enough when we tested the pump it would spray full open at idle and reduce the amount of mist opening up the throttle.

Any and all suggestions would be of a great help. Bad stock MAP? Just use an aftermarket MAP?

My Cars
    1997 328i turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by djcarbon View Post
    I'm installing an AEM kit right now but having issues with the MAP sensor reading. The stock MAP is reading 5v at idle and approaching zero when we open up the throttle to full - the reverse of what I need for the controller. Sure enough when we tested the pump it would spray full open at idle and reduce the amount of mist opening up the throttle.

Any and all suggestions would be of a great help. Bad stock MAP? Just use an aftermarket MAP?
    control it from boost then start flow 10psi n max flow at what ever psi u think it needs

Tanks95 is offline M3s Only Have Two Doors BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    I have been using the Snow Performance stage 2 MAF progressive kit for almost a year now, no issues. Took a little bit to get the MAF signal initiator dialed in, but it’s great for my application; to lower the IATs. My setup is post TB.

This info is probably not relevant to what you are doing, but just wanted to vouch for the reliability of Snow’s kits.

If your M3 doesn’t have 3 pedals and 2 doors, I would really consider contacting BMW to confirm the authenticity of your incorrectly badged mid-sized family sedan.

My Cars
    Z3M, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by djcarbon View Post

I'm looking to install an AEM kit soon but was planning to use boost to initiate injection. From my understanding it can be set to increase flow as boost increases. Does your kit only use a MAP sensor?
    -Phil