My Cars
    2001 bmw x5

abs problem. somebody help me pleas

i recently purchased a 2001 bmw x5. worked fine for two longer trips but after the last trip (through a snow storm) anytime i try to drive it i get 10 yards down the road and the abs comes on bring me to a stop. i pulled a couple speed sensors out to check debree or problems and found theres no reluctor wheel and only a two wire sensor, i tried reading the sensor with my o scope but honestly im shooting in the dark at this point. no warning lights on till activation of abs.
    can anybody point me in the right direction here pleas?
    thank you

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Check out the link below to one of our site's DIY tech articles on the ABS - it should help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm

-Dmitry
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    00 x5
    Check the connector on dsc module. The oil filter is above it. Ds headlight
    Needs removed. Mine went nuts after module master rebuild. Bought car w bad tranny. So I'm 2mon into this. But. Clean oil and grease off. Check for water. I'm thinking something's getting wet. I'm relatively new to bmw. But do troubleshooting on gas and oil rigs. Other things that have nightmare electrical probs and hate moisture. I'm thinking there is a reason that the headlights are gasketed. Also maybe your module is bad. They heat up and lose a connection inside. Module master rebuilt mine. Reason why I got the x so cheap. It roasted the tranny. FYI. Failsafe mode. Pull over immediately and call a tow truck. Guy that owned it before me learned that the hard way. Hope I helped some.