Thread: Heat issue

My Cars
    2008 BMW 550i sport

Heat issue

I'm sorry if this issue has been tackled before but I appreciate any help. I recently bought my first BMW. It's a 2008 550i sport 6M/T with 135k. Everything is great apart from a heating issue in the cabin. I'm only getting heat to the driver and all other vents are blowing cold air. I have tried adjusting the temps on both the dash controls and idrive With no change. I have also noticed that when I come to a stop, I lose heat on the drivers side. I checked the coolant level and I think the level is okay.

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Welcome to the forum! Check out the link below to our site's DIY tech article on this issue. If you have any questions, feel free to post a Comment just below the article and we'll do our best to give you details.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm

-Dmitry
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2008 BMW 550i sport
    Thank you Dmitry.

My Cars
    2008 535xi Sport
    Before you start swamping out stuff, in the iDrive settings, there is a default temperature setting that seems to control overall temps. Click climate, driver side, click down to the mid point then click right. There is a box that may be either blue bars (up to four settings)for cool, a white bar for neutral (single bar) or red for warm (up to four bars). I found that this give the overall control of temperatures then the individual settings can be catered to each person.

Hope this helps.

My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by oh2ball View Post
    Before you start swamping out stuff, in the iDrive settings, there is a default temperature setting that seems to control overall temps. Click climate, driver side, click down to the mid point then click right. There is a box that may be either blue bars (up to four settings)for cool, a white bar for neutral (single bar) or red for warm (up to four bars). I found that this give the overall control of temperatures then the individual settings can be catered to each person.

Hope this helps.

Great recommendation - thanks for sharing!

-Dmitry
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos

My Cars
    2008 BMW 550i sport
    Thanks but I had already tried that with no change. I'm yet to test the heater control valve as adviced by Dmitry.

My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by Makwaka View Post
    Thanks but I had already tried that with no change. I'm yet to test the heater control valve as adviced by Dmitry.

If the heater valve also isn't the source of the issue, post that Comment below the article with your findings and we'll try to suggest other avenues to explore.

-Dmitry