Thread: Decent asking price 2006 x3?

My Cars
    2015 BMW 328i

Question Decent asking price 2006 x3?

I am looking to purchase a cash car as my 2nd driver. I have found a 2006 x3 BMW that is pretty lovely and close to my location from a private seller. I have been doing research and looking up the value based off of the specs via KBB and Edmunds. Seller is asking above KBB. I found the value based solely off of specs to be $5300-6100 depending on condition. I am going to post photos and seller's listing to get opinions!
    I've never bought a used BMW before and trying to do the best research possible.
    Thanks, guys!

Listing:
    "Im selling my wife bmw. We have owned it for 2 years now and never have any issues out of it. I have done alot maintenance to it since i bought it such as?
    New brakes all around and sensors
    New battery
    New intake gasket
    Mass air flow sensor
    Air intake boot
    New radiator reservoir with new lines
    New valve cover gasket
    New oil filter gasket?
    New plugs and coils
    Has 15% window tint all around
    New rims and tires bought last summer
    It is fully loaded with every option including gps. It has a rare peanut butter interior in perfect condition. Must see in person to appreciate only selling because we have another baby on the way. Im asking $8800 obo i paid $2000 for rims and tires alone and dont even have 1000 miles on them yet."

****** 130,000 miles, PB leather, 4WD, Automatic

While he may think his 2k wheels increased the value, original 17s with new rubber is more desirable. PU leather is an upgrade? Not to say he's hiding things, but who replaces a maf sensor for maintenance? I had an 06 with the 3.0. Good drive train used for years in many BMWs even the 330 convertible. The build quality until model year 11 is not up to the level most people think of with bmw. Made in Eastern Europe with extensive hard plastics, it served as BMWs entry into the small ute category.
    I would take it to a shop for a complete checkup. Make sure they have the right diagnostic equipment.
    Last edited by dano1200r; 03-22-2017 at 12:03 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2015 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by dano1200r View Post
    While he may think his 2k wheels increased the value, original 17s with new rubber is more desirable. PU leather is an upgrade? Not to say he's hiding things, but who replaces a maf sensor for maintenance? I had an 06 with the 3.0. Good drive train used for years in many BMWs even the 330 convertible. The build quality until model year 11 is not up to the level most people think of with bmw. Made in Eastern Europe with extensive hard plastics, it served as BMWs entry into the small ute category.
    I would take it to a shop for a complete checkup. Make sure they have the right diagnostic equipment.
    I feel the same way especially about the rims, leather, and some of the "maintenance."
    I'm going to talk with him and see if maybe he was noticing difference in gas mileage, etc that made him replace the mass air flow sensor.
    I would pay $6000 just because those rims aren't desirable enough to pay an additional $2000 for rims I wouldn't buy for myself.

My Cars
    E83 LCI 3.0si
    Just my two cents, but I would look for '07 LCI facelift. As dano mentioned, these cars are not your typical BMW, and it is never more apparent than in a pre-LCI X3. After 2007, The car is decidedly more advanced (opinion) and it feels far smoother than the previous version. I test drove both before settling on an LCI model and there is a night and day difference.