Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Track Car Radiator

My Cars
    1993 325is
    I can't speak for the other poster, but my own personal experience is that the radiator started leaking about 8 months after I installed it, and Koyo refused to honor the warranty because there was no record of a licensed shop doing the install.

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    Quote Originally Posted by E36forever View Post
    ^I think it's because of personal experience. If you don't have any issues then the radiator must be good, but if you do have issues then it's crap. It can take some time before enough people start to realize the product isn't very good. Only after years of use and hardly any negative feedback can you say this product is good. In some cases based on the materials used and build process you can predict if something is going to be good or not.

The OE radiator has been in use for long enough with too many reports of failure and in a big way, but the guy above says he hasn't any issues for at least 5-6 years. He's blind to the fact it's a ticking time bomb especially on the track as some people have reported new OE rads failing on the first lap. All radiator warranties are BS regardless even if you will get your $200 back after it fails. In the meantime you're stuck and now you might be in for a $2k head gasket job that isn't covered under that warranty.

Again if MY radiator hasn't failed then it MUST be good. Poor logic IMO.

Oh, and there is the "if you read it on the internet then it must be true" since everyone is speaking the truth. LOL
    This is faulty logic. You claim people have confirmation bias about aluminum radiators but you know of someone that has had a new OEM radiator blow up so OEM radiators are crap?

From my 12 or more years on this board, I have a pretty confident belief that OEM radiators when replaced on a semi-frequent schedule are going to be more reliable than almost any (cost effective) aluminum radiator for even the most hard core HPDE junkies.

Gotta agree with Doc on his experience as it has been mine as well.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325i
    everything manufactured can/will fail at some rate. aluminum radiators are a choice some make others don't. cost is not a huge difference mish for e36 250 at ecs. and the z3 larger cap 190. BW 250 vs 200, thats not a gap i am concerned with in the money spent on this car. this cheap reference might be towards eBay no name stuff. when they cost more not sure of the cost effective?
    in my expreience across my car journey's, most with used cars. the plastic sections fail. most concerned to me is when the necks or hose attachment locations fail since they loose most the coolant real fast. this would not be good in track session. i have not seen a alum pop an end and loose coolant rapid, only complaints of small leak. thats not my biggest worry.
    everyone will fall on their personal experience or beliefs as facts and what they were told by a mechanic. is there accurate info to support alum are crap and plastic is better? to many variables. you'll mostly hear from the squeaky(leaky) wheel, correct?
    so what about alum thermostat housings? mine isn't leaking either. plastic propeller water pumps better? not for me stewy in there.
    this all sounds like a VR6 crack pipe debate.
    Last edited by poweredbyg60; 03-27-2017 at 11:02 PM.

My Cars
    My E36 supercar
    Quote Originally Posted by olemiss540 View Post
    This is faulty logic. You claim people have confirmation bias about aluminum radiators but you know of someone that has had a new OEM radiator blow up so OEM radiators are crap?

From my 12 or more years on this board, I have a pretty confident belief that OEM radiators when replaced on a semi-frequent schedule are going to be more reliable than almost any (cost effective) aluminum radiator for even the most hard core HPDE junkies.

Gotta agree with Doc on his experience as it has been mine as well.
    Just what poweredbyg60 said.

You can use whatever radiator you want it's your car, but I would take my Zionsville over any amout of OE radiators instead. In most cases you get what you pay for.

My Cars
    Many
    Hello to all, hope everyone is having a great day.

I am however very sorry to hear that some of you are having issues with your Mishimoto products. Just remember that all of our products are covered under a lifetime warranty.

If you'd like to contact us directly regarding your product, we can be reached by email at support@mishimoto.com or by phone 302.762.4501.

Thank you,
    Mishimoto
    Mishimoto Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12