Thread: 1978 320i for sale -- Los Angeles

My Cars
    2006 325i, 1978 320i

1978 320i for sale -- Los Angeles

Not on the forums much anymore but wanted to post my 1978 320i here and gauge interest. The car is located in Los Angeles, and I'm looking for $5000 OBO.

Quick Info & History:
    The car is fully stock and has been garaged consistently since new. It has been driven since day 1, which explains the mileage (only 5700 miles/year) The car was a european delivery purchased new by my mother in Munich, broken in around Europe for several months, then daily driven in Southern California for the rest of its life. My father was given the car in 2004, and he kept it as a weekend car for the next few years. Under his ownership, he rebuilt most of the engine and suspension components, with the idea that we would keep the car in the family for good. I received the car as a gift a few years after that. It has been driven every few days since, mostly as a grocery-getter for short trips in town. I drive the car to and from Santa Barbara every few months, and it runs and handles perfectly at highway speeds. Lot of fun to take on Mulholland, Decker Canyon, and Sunset Blvd.

Unfortunately, I lost its garage spot a few months ago due to my father moving and me starting a new job in DC. I don't get to drive the car much aside from when I return home on break, and don't wish to keep parking it outside. I want the car to go to someone that will truly appreciate it for what it is--a perfect weekend car to carve canyons and a great period example of late 1970's German engineering. No stupid mods here--it's all original. You can put money into it to have a show queen, or turn the key and enjoy it worry-free as a weekend ride.

Specs:
    223,774 Miles
    4spd Manual
    Titansilber paint, Navy vinyl interior, white headliner.
    No A/C or radio, as it was ordered from the factory in Munich. Car did have an aftermarket stereo that was removed several years ago, still wired with two Alpine speakers and can easily re-install a headunit.
    Crank sunroof

Notes:
    -Engine and suspension were rebuilt between 2005 and 2007. I have most of those records and most recent service record on hand along with some records from when the car was serviced at Beverly Hills BMW before.
    -Car passed CA Smog November 2, 2016, and doesn't need a retest until 2018. Car is registered through 2017. Sticker wasn't put on yet in photos since the DMV sent it to my old address...
    -Clean CA title in hand.
    -New tires installed 7 months ago. Barely 2k miles on them and plenty of tread left.
    -Was CA car for 95% of its life and garaged most of the time.

Cosmetic flaws:
    -Dash is original, with 2 small cracks. These are very minor and only on the edges of the vent on top of the dash. Can't see them unless you look hard.
    -Paint is original except for the hood (was keyed 15-20 years ago).
    -The paint on the roof is fading, and starting to fade on the trunk.
    -There is a very small dent right beneath the left taillight, likely from a shopping cart.
    -Drivers seat back has one tear in the middle, could be restitched.
    -A piece of interior plastic near the recliner level broke off, but I still have the broken piece and can reglue it.
    Original Goodies:
    The original, never-used spare wheel & tire is included (both full size), along with original manuals, service log, service directory, first-aid kit, road flares, and the original tool kit minus one wrench. I have both original keys and valet key.

Sale:
    Looking for $5000. Would prefer local sale but I can work out shipping within the US if need be. Title and smog pass certificate in hand.

Contact Info:
    Cell is best, text or call at (805) eight-9-five 11-zero-1

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AlexanderE90; 04-15-2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Updated price

My Cars
    2006 325i, 1978 320i
    Here are some more photos:

My Cars
    2006 325i, 1978 320i

More photos

Some more photos:

My Cars
    2006 325i, 1978 320i
    Bump

My Cars
    2006 325i, 1978 320i
    Dropped the price $1k to $5000.

My Cars
    1982 e21
    who works on your car in LA, I'm currently looking for a good honest mechanic in or around the LA area.. thanks in advance..