Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Help - aftermarket HU with DSP BMW E39

My Cars
    E46 330ci

Question Help - aftermarket HU with DSP BMW E39

Hi, today I tried to install 2 din Android HU (Erisin ES3061B) to my BMW E39 2002 with DSP amp. I used the method with MID in the glove box and CD player connected with 3 wires of the CD changer in the trunk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pF12Ey26Qs).

It works, but after 30 - 40 seconds there is no sound and I think it is caused by starting the engine. I noticed that in the same moment "MEMORY" word dissapears on the MID display. In that moment if I restart the 2din HU (engine still running), the sound works again, but only about 2 seconds (same for the "MEMORY" - it shows for same period and it disapers on the MID display).

I tried it with 2pcs of HU and the result is same.

Is there a trick to make it work permanently?

I also noticed, the 2 din HU has a wire called "AMP-CONT". Should I connect it to somewhere?

Thank you for any help.
    Last edited by Studne00; 03-16-2017 at 03:38 PM.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

I have no idea if this works but it's a thread from 2010 where someone used one of these cheap chinese units in their E39 with DSP

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...with-Hualingan

If this doesn't work/help, I'd suggest you remove the OEM DSP amp and speakers and put them in storage or sell them off. You can then buy better speakers to fit back in and run them off the new head unit you have directly.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    E46 330ci
    Thank you for your fast reply.

I choose the method with "3 CD changer wires", because it looks easier than the method in your link. I'm asking myself, why this method only works if the engine doesn't run in my case. Now I'm sitting in my car for 10 minutes and it works, but engine can not run.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

If your engine isn't running, I'd suggest you remove the '3 cd changer wires' thing you've done so that you car works again! once your engine is running, It's up to you on how you wish to proceed. My recommendation is as per my initial response.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    E46 330ci
    I am sorry. My bad english. If engine does not run, the audio works without any problem. Once the engine runs, it takes about 30 - 40 second to cut audio (no sound) - no memory in DSP MID.

Ok, I'll try the second method. Because if I compare both methods, in the first one is only connected (12V Dir - pin 15 flat, GND - pin 12 flat and IBUS - pin 9 flat). In the second method that you recommend, there is also connected 12 V switched (pin 16 flat) and 12 V antenna out (pin 13 flat). Maybe it makes sence for cutting the audio off when the engine runs and there are missing 12 V scwitched and 12 V antenna out.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Studne00; 03-16-2017 at 05:45 PM.

My Cars
    E36-320i / X5-E53
    Hello, I have the same problem. Have you managed to solve it?