Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 151 to 170 of 170

Thread: XTRONS aftermarket head unit install / review thread

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Hampton va
    Posts
    97
    My Cars
    95 740i, 89 735i,
    Quote Originally Posted by xboss View Post

    Franco has one of everything. It's his style
    I c

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,692
    My Cars
    '95 740i
    Also I didn't see that you had that car launcher, thought you meant the same unit as me. Annnyway.

    Not sold on that car launcher - been playing with it on my phone but it seems so . . . limited or something, I dunno. I like the default one that came with my unit for some reason. BUT being Android, it's nooo issue to have two! Or three.. or four! Hooray

    || 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||



  3. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,968
    My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    I don't have one of everything
    I try to see what our there to make my car or Audio work better


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,968
    My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    I found the app to be limited use for me that why I did not use it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Hampton va
    Posts
    97
    My Cars
    95 740i, 89 735i,
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    I found the app to be limited use for me that why I did not use it

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What did you go with?

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    5,654
    My Cars
    1997 750 IL
    I don't get the limit part. It's just a skin and all functions are the same.
    ---- Processing Individual ----
    Z1XX Upholstery
    Seats front and back in Epingle / leather englishgruen,
    As Schl.Nr. B9EG.
    Front seat backrest in Montana Englishgruen (No. 8 174 861)
    Other interior equipment as for Volleder Nappa englischgruen,
    Schl.Nr. P5EG

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,968
    My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by ibumpers View Post
    What did you go with?
    Well on my case I had the o many apps to run and limited to 5 on the skin did not work for me.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,968
    My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Remember we all have different radio set up and the version that I use was different that the one the guys are using here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,968
    My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    I will try the one the guys are saying they got


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    5,654
    My Cars
    1997 750 IL
    I like my xtrons unit and so far no real problems at all. There is a minor crackle sound on certain apps like google maps when the voice is talking but I read that it is a common chip set bug with android and text to speech.

    The only bummer I have had with dealing with this xtrons product is the support forums. It is a total joke over there. If you ask a question in their forums you have to wait for a mod to approve it before it appears and then if you ask a question they do not want to answer or if they feel that they do not like you because you bring their bugs to light they will simply never approve your post and you will be throttled to invisible. I even emailed admin asking whats up and they just do not respond. It's a basic F U over there and they should look out because I may not have a voice on there but I can tell people here!
    ---- Processing Individual ----
    Z1XX Upholstery
    Seats front and back in Epingle / leather englishgruen,
    As Schl.Nr. B9EG.
    Front seat backrest in Montana Englishgruen (No. 8 174 861)
    Other interior equipment as for Volleder Nappa englischgruen,
    Schl.Nr. P5EG

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,968
    My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Smh lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,968
    My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    U know those companies suck


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #163
    tmaxx445's Avatar
    tmaxx445 is offline E38 6 Speed Club Member! BMW CCA Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,432
    My Cars
    '05 SG M3, '01 TiAG 740i
    Yep all of these units are just typical Taiwanese junk; no reason to suspect otherwise.
    2001 740i / 6 Speed Swap / Titanium Silver Metallic / Grey Montana Leather / M Sport / Convenience Pkg / Heated Seats / PDC / MKIV Navigation / DSP / Bluetooth TCU / Dice Mediabridge / Vavona Trim / Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / Dinan CF CAI / 84mm Throttle Body / Big Bore Intake Manifold / DUDMD Tune / Bilstein B4s / B&G S2 Springs / Custom 3.15 25% Limited Slip Diff / Staggered OE M Parallels / 275 & 245 SP Sport Maxxs / Euro City Lights / Celis Tail Lights / SunTek 70% CXP Tint

    2005 M3 Coupe
    / 6 Speed / Silver Gray Metallic / Black Nappa Leather / Premium Pkg / Cold Weather Pkg / Bi Xenons / Adjustable Bolsters / MKIV Navigation / Harman Kardon / Bluetooth / Sirius XM / Aux In / Carbon Trim / ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / StreamLine Intake / SS Headers / AR20 Resonator / Electric Exhaust Bypass Valve / P0lar Tune / Koni Yellows / Eibach Springs / Staggered OE CSLs / 275 & 245 595 Evos / Angel Eyes / CF CSL Splitters / SunTek 38% Carbon Tint

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    5,654
    My Cars
    1997 750 IL
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx445 View Post
    Yep all of these units are just typical Taiwanese junk; no reason to suspect otherwise.
    I was hoping that since xtrons is a UK business that some EU style service might come with it lol. The admins on the xtrons site def. are not English first speakers.
    ---- Processing Individual ----
    Z1XX Upholstery
    Seats front and back in Epingle / leather englishgruen,
    As Schl.Nr. B9EG.
    Front seat backrest in Montana Englishgruen (No. 8 174 861)
    Other interior equipment as for Volleder Nappa englischgruen,
    Schl.Nr. P5EG

  15. #165
    tmaxx445's Avatar
    tmaxx445 is offline E38 6 Speed Club Member! BMW CCA Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,432
    My Cars
    '05 SG M3, '01 TiAG 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by xboss View Post
    I was hoping that since xtrons is a UK business that some EU style service might come with it lol. The admins on the xtrons site def. are not English first speakers.
    Yeah it sounds like all they are doing is screening post that bring any negative aspects or bugs into light. This is a shame because with the unit being Android based it is possible that others may be able to come up with a tweak or solution to make the units less crippled for the people who have already put up the bucks and have to live with it.
    2001 740i / 6 Speed Swap / Titanium Silver Metallic / Grey Montana Leather / M Sport / Convenience Pkg / Heated Seats / PDC / MKIV Navigation / DSP / Bluetooth TCU / Dice Mediabridge / Vavona Trim / Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / Dinan CF CAI / 84mm Throttle Body / Big Bore Intake Manifold / DUDMD Tune / Bilstein B4s / B&G S2 Springs / Custom 3.15 25% Limited Slip Diff / Staggered OE M Parallels / 275 & 245 SP Sport Maxxs / Euro City Lights / Celis Tail Lights / SunTek 70% CXP Tint

    2005 M3 Coupe
    / 6 Speed / Silver Gray Metallic / Black Nappa Leather / Premium Pkg / Cold Weather Pkg / Bi Xenons / Adjustable Bolsters / MKIV Navigation / Harman Kardon / Bluetooth / Sirius XM / Aux In / Carbon Trim / ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / StreamLine Intake / SS Headers / AR20 Resonator / Electric Exhaust Bypass Valve / P0lar Tune / Koni Yellows / Eibach Springs / Staggered OE CSLs / 275 & 245 595 Evos / Angel Eyes / CF CSL Splitters / SunTek 38% Carbon Tint

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,968
    My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by xboss View Post
    I was hoping that since xtrons is a UK business that some EU style service might come with it lol. The admins on the xtrons site def. are not English first speakers.

    LOOK AT HERE FOR YOUR SOUBD ISSUE buddy
    http://www.1src.com/video/t_34c0uaoLrdc

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx445 View Post
    Yeah it sounds like all they are doing is screening post that bring any negative aspects or bugs into light. This is a shame because with the unit being Android based it is possible that others may be able to come up with a tweak or solution to make the units less crippled for the people who have already put up the bucks and have to live with it.

    LOL i AM glad I HAVE A SEICANE UNIT

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    the Pitt (Pittsburgh, PA)
    Posts
    2,103
    My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by xboss View Post
    I like my xtrons unit and so far no real problems at all. There is a minor crackle sound on certain apps like google maps when the voice is talking but I read that it is a common chip set bug with android and text to speech.

    The only bummer I have had with dealing with this xtrons product is the support forums. It is a total joke over there. If you ask a question in their forums you have to wait for a mod to approve it before it appears and then if you ask a question they do not want to answer or if they feel that they do not like you because you bring their bugs to light they will simply never approve your post and you will be throttled to invisible. I even emailed admin asking whats up and they just do not respond. It's a basic F U over there and they should look out because I may not have a voice on there but I can tell people here!
    pics?? You know I'm gonna keep harassing you til you post some kind of pic of your setup xboss! lol!

    the forum sounds kind of hokie. you might be better off just finding a forum on just using the android OS or try: http://www.caraudio.com/forums
    or http://www.caraudioforum.com there's also one called car audio mpeg3 or something like that..

    good luck
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5
    My Cars
    Bmw e38 750il
    hi , looking for some advice , I am fitting an aftermarket head unit to my e38 1997 ,and it wont fit properly in the dash due to the hvac , is there a modification for this , and how , cheers Gordon

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,968
    My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    I did one find my post


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,968
    My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyv8ure View Post
    hi , looking for some advice , I am fitting an aftermarket head unit to my e38 1997 ,and it wont fit properly in the dash due to the hvac , is there a modification for this , and how , cheers Gordon
    my unit was plug and play all you have to do is trim the navigation frame and all good to go

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Similar Threads

  1. Audio Noob Question: Aftermarket head unit install
    By Schroedog in forum Car Audio & Electronics sponsored by Bavsound
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 12:22 AM
  2. Looking for pics of e46 aftermarket head unit install
    By dblmikeusa1 in forum Car Audio & Electronics sponsored by Bavsound
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 11:35 AM
  3. Aftermarket Head Unit install pics please..
    By Wedge in forum 1996 - 2003 (E39)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 07:58 PM
  4. aftermarket head unit installed= no sound
    By ffmotorwerks in forum 1999 - 2006 (E46)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 10:31 PM
  5. aftermarket to aftermarket head unit install
    By cheddafob in forum Car Audio & Electronics sponsored by Bavsound
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2004, 04:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •