Thread: XTRONS aftermarket head unit install / review thread

My Cars
    95 740i, 89 735i,
    Quote Originally Posted by xboss View Post

Franco has one of everything. It's his style
    I c

My Cars
    '95 740i
    Also I didn't see that you had that car launcher, thought you meant the same unit as me. Annnyway.

Not sold on that car launcher - been playing with it on my phone but it seems so . . . limited or something, I dunno. I like the default one that came with my unit for some reason. BUT being Android, it's nooo issue to have two! Or three.. or four! Hooray

|| 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    I don't have one of everything
    I try to see what our there to make my car or Audio work better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    I found the app to be limited use for me that why I did not use it

El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    95 740i, 89 735i,
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    I found the app to be limited use for me that why I did not use it

What did you go with?

My Cars
    1997 750 IL
    I don't get the limit part. It's just a skin and all functions are the same.
    ---- Processing Individual ----
    Z1XX Upholstery
    Seats front and back in Epingle / leather englishgruen,
    As Schl.Nr. B9EG.
    Front seat backrest in Montana Englishgruen (No. 8 174 861)
    Other interior equipment as for Volleder Nappa englischgruen,
    Schl.Nr. P5EG

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by ibumpers View Post
    What did you go with?
    Well on my case I had the o many apps to run and limited to 5 on the skin did not work for me.

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Remember we all have different radio set up and the version that I use was different that the one the guys are using here

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    I will try the one the guys are saying they got

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    1997 750 IL
    I like my xtrons unit and so far no real problems at all. There is a minor crackle sound on certain apps like google maps when the voice is talking but I read that it is a common chip set bug with android and text to speech.

The only bummer I have had with dealing with this xtrons product is the support forums. It is a total joke over there. If you ask a question in their forums you have to wait for a mod to approve it before it appears and then if you ask a question they do not want to answer or if they feel that they do not like you because you bring their bugs to light they will simply never approve your post and you will be throttled to invisible. I even emailed admin asking whats up and they just do not respond. It's a basic F U over there and they should look out because I may not have a voice on there but I can tell people here!
    Z1XX Upholstery
    As Schl.Nr. B9EG.
    Schl.Nr. P5EG

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Smh lol

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    U know those companies suck

El Cid 1999 IL

tmaxx445 is offline E38 6 Speed Club Member! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '05 M3, '03 X5, '01 740i
    Yep all of these units are just typical Taiwanese junk; no reason to suspect otherwise.
    2001 740i / S62 Swap / 6 Speed Swap / Titanium Silver Metallic / Grey Montana Leather / M Sport / Convenience Pkg / Heated Seats / PDC / MKIV Navigation / DSP / Bluetooth TCU / Dice Mediabridge / Vavona Trim / Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / Cat Delete / SAI Delete / Euro Tune / Koni Singles / H&R II Springs / Custom 3.15 25% Limited Slip Diff / Staggered OE M Parallels / 275 & 245 Firehawks / Euro City Lights / Celis Tail Lights / SunTek 70% CXP Tint

2005 M3 Coupe
    / 6 Speed / Silver Gray Metallic / Black Nappa Leather / Premium Pkg / Cold Weather Pkg / Bi Xenons / Adjustable Bolsters / MKIV Navigation / Harman Kardon / Bluetooth / Sirius XM / Aux In / Carbon Trim / ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / StreamLine Intake / SS Headers / AR20 Resonator / Exhaust Bypass Valve / P0lar Tune / Koni Yellows / Eibach Springs / Staggered OE CSLs / 275 & 245 595 Evos / Angel Eyes / CF CSL Splitters / SunTek 38% Carbon Tint

2003 4.6is X5 / Stock /

My Cars
    1997 750 IL
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx445 View Post
    Yep all of these units are just typical Taiwanese junk; no reason to suspect otherwise.
    I was hoping that since xtrons is a UK business that some EU style service might come with it lol. The admins on the xtrons site def. are not English first speakers.
    Z1XX Upholstery
    As Schl.Nr. B9EG.
    Schl.Nr. P5EG

tmaxx445 is offline E38 6 Speed Club Member! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '05 M3, '03 X5, '01 740i
    I was hoping that since xtrons is a UK business that some EU style service might come with it lol. The admins on the xtrons site def. are not English first speakers.
    Yeah it sounds like all they are doing is screening post that bring any negative aspects or bugs into light. This is a shame because with the unit being Android based it is possible that others may be able to come up with a tweak or solution to make the units less crippled for the people who have already put up the bucks and have to live with it.
    2001 740i / S62 Swap / 6 Speed Swap / Titanium Silver Metallic / Grey Montana Leather / M Sport / Convenience Pkg / Heated Seats / PDC / MKIV Navigation / DSP / Bluetooth TCU / Dice Mediabridge / Vavona Trim / Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / Cat Delete / SAI Delete / Euro Tune / Koni Singles / H&R II Springs / Custom 3.15 25% Limited Slip Diff / Staggered OE M Parallels / 275 & 245 Firehawks / Euro City Lights / Celis Tail Lights / SunTek 70% CXP Tint

2005 M3 Coupe
    / 6 Speed / Silver Gray Metallic / Black Nappa Leather / Premium Pkg / Cold Weather Pkg / Bi Xenons / Adjustable Bolsters / MKIV Navigation / Harman Kardon / Bluetooth / Sirius XM / Aux In / Carbon Trim / ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / StreamLine Intake / SS Headers / AR20 Resonator / Exhaust Bypass Valve / P0lar Tune / Koni Yellows / Eibach Springs / Staggered OE CSLs / 275 & 245 595 Evos / Angel Eyes / CF CSL Splitters / SunTek 38% Carbon Tint

2003 4.6is X5 / Stock /

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4

LOOK AT HERE FOR YOUR SOUBD ISSUE buddy
    http://www.1src.com/video/t_34c0uaoLrdc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx445 View Post
    Yeah it sounds like all they are doing is screening post that bring any negative aspects or bugs into light. This is a shame because with the unit being Android based it is possible that others may be able to come up with a tweak or solution to make the units less crippled for the people who have already put up the bucks and have to live with it.

LOL i AM glad I HAVE A SEICANE UNIT
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    I like my xtrons unit and so far no real problems at all. There is a minor crackle sound on certain apps like google maps when the voice is talking but I read that it is a common chip set bug with android and text to speech.

The only bummer I have had with dealing with this xtrons product is the support forums. It is a total joke over there. If you ask a question in their forums you have to wait for a mod to approve it before it appears and then if you ask a question they do not want to answer or if they feel that they do not like you because you bring their bugs to light they will simply never approve your post and you will be throttled to invisible. I even emailed admin asking whats up and they just do not respond. It's a basic F U over there and they should look out because I may not have a voice on there but I can tell people here!
    pics?? You know I'm gonna keep harassing you til you post some kind of pic of your setup xboss! lol!

the forum sounds kind of hokie. you might be better off just finding a forum on just using the android OS or try: http://www.caraudio.com/forums
    or http://www.caraudioforum.com there's also one called car audio mpeg3 or something like that..

good luck
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    Bmw e38 750il
    hi , looking for some advice , I am fitting an aftermarket head unit to my e38 1997 ,and it wont fit properly in the dash due to the hvac , is there a modification for this , and how , cheers Gordon

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    I did one find my post

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyv8ure View Post
    hi , looking for some advice , I am fitting an aftermarket head unit to my e38 1997 ,and it wont fit properly in the dash due to the hvac , is there a modification for this , and how , cheers Gordon
    my unit was plug and play all you have to do is trim the navigation frame and all good to go
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '95 740i
    So I've gotten back to the install on MINE (long story)

I'm trying to get the steering controls to work.

I've removed the factory dsp crap from the trunk, so now I'm trying to figure out how to get the ibus into the unit!

No idea where to connect the ibus WIRE to my connector!? How do I hook it in to the little red box that came - what pin!? Then how does it get from there, in to the head unit?

Currently I have the headunit connector with:

ground
    key 1
    brake/safety
    cam-in
    camline
    key2
    ill
    acc-in
    ground
    B+

(I think B+ is Chinese for main power)

That little red box is spliced in to some random wires it seems - including power and ground. No idea what lead to hook the ibus up to to make the controls work.

I hooked the ibus up to a scope today and could see the different buttons making different signals (skip forward, vol +, vol -, skip backward, phone, hangup, and funny enough air recirculation also is on there) so I know the ibus wire and the controls are working as expected.

I just need to know how to hook that ibus wire up TO the damn unit! No instructions ANYWHERE. Anyone with a harness - franco/xboss can you tell me where that ibus wire goes to PLEASE? Spent literally 5 hours in the car today in 9000°c weather trying to make it work.

|| 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||

My Cars
    01 330 CiC, 05 X3 3.0
    B+ means battery positive; so yes main power lead.

My Cars
    '95 740i
    Battery + , hah makes sense!

Still can't figure out the wiring to this red box though.

My Cars
    1997 750 IL
    Yeah, the OBD box patches inline with the harness that comes with the head unit. I will have mine out to install DVR soon and I will get the details.
    Z1XX Upholstery
    As Schl.Nr. B9EG.
    Schl.Nr. P5EG

My Cars
    '95 740i
    So....

Made it work.

Might have worked all along too.

Turns out the ibus connects to the green wire that goes into the canbus box. Then the signal goes from the canbus box through the white wire to the headunit.

... I got that far in my trial and error bits HOWEVER WHAT I DIDNT KNOW was that it automatically knows what volune up and down and skip and phone buttons do.

I kept going to the steering wheel program buttons page and nothing happens there. You don't NEED to go there unless you DON'T have a bus sytem. Uh yi yi yiiiiiii!!

Either way, nee harness made up and it all worms great! Illum didnt work right but I just bypassed the canbus box for that and now it does. I hooked up thr illum wire from my car to a scope and saw its a pwm 12v signal so the canbus box wouldnt use that.. Its not code its just voltage manipulation. Maybe newer e38s had illum as part of the ibus or canbus or kbus or whatever damn bus it chooses.

Very VERY happy though!

... Then I dropped the unit. Thats for another time ahha.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast