Thread: Looking to buy my first BMW, Advice needed

My Cars
    2008 Acura TL

Looking to buy my first BMW, Advice needed

Hi All!

I am new here, but I am really torn between the new XE from Jag, the redesigned C300, and my favorite, the 328i.

I just need some help deciding. The BMW is my favorite with it's timeless design, but I've read that the 3 series is do for a facelift. Do you all think that the interior/exterior of mine would be dated quickly if I bought one? I know that sounds stupid, but I'd like the car to seem new for at least a little bit. Also, it seems like all of the other cars have more tech. Have any of you ever wished for more technology in your car?

I'm really sorry if I have posted this thread in the wrong spot, please correct me if I'm worng.

Thanks in advance for all of the help!

Ibrahim

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Welcome to the forum Inrahim! Just to be clear, are you looking at brand new 2016/17 models of the cars or older ones? The BMW definitely does not lack in technology from my opinion and is far more reliable than the Jag (MBZ are getting better and better, so depending on years it could be on par with BMW). Let me know if you have any questions, glad to help out.

-Dmitry
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2008 Acura TL
    Thanks so much. I'm looking at a 2016 328 or a 2016 4 series gran coupe. Things like lane assist and blind spot detection seem to be hard to find.

My my main concern is the upcoming facelift. From my experience it seems like BMW doesn't change to dramatically, so I should be ok even if they do a complete redesign soon. What do you think?

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by jumppak View Post
    Thanks so much. I'm looking at a 2016 328 or a 2016 4 series gran coupe. Things like lane assist and blind spot detection seem to be hard to find.

My my main concern is the upcoming facelift. From my experience it seems like BMW doesn't change to dramatically, so I should be ok even if they do a complete redesign soon. What do you think?

I don't think that BMW will make any drastic design changes to these platforms, esp the 4 series as that's a new design all together. I know the 5 and 7 series have the lane assist and blind spot detection - I would think the 4 series may have it too, but not sure about the 3.

-Dmitry
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    z3
    4 series (I think 3 too) had its LCI (facelift) for the 2017 model year

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2008 Acura TL
    Thanks everyone! I bit the bullet and got a 2014 535i. Wow, I love this thing. Appreciate all of the help and comments

My Cars
    2009 325i
    I am looking for your recommendation for the best BMW repair/service company in Dallas outside of a BMW dealer to get better repair rates. I have a 2009 325i and am tired of the high rates at BMW of Dallas.
    Thank you. Dwight Fletcher

My Cars
    2007 530i
    Congrats on the purchase...Love the 5 series...