Thread: VAC Floor Mounts w/Macht Schnell 3 Point Receptacle?

My Cars
    Estoril M3/4/5, E46 M3

VAC Floor Mounts w/Macht Schnell 3 Point Receptacle?

Anyone happen to know if Macht Schnell 3 point factory belt receptacle mounts (https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...chnell/?pdk=Aw) work with VAC floor mounts for race seats? I see that the Macht Schnell floor mounts are designed for an E46 but can be modified to fit an E36, but I'd rather just buy a floor mount that's made for the E36 (VAC) rather than have to modify it. However, I'd like to keep the factory 3 point belt receptacle so I can continue to use my Schroth quick fit harnesses and occasionally run 3 point belts on the street.
    2003.5 BMW M3 Coupe (Daily Driver) | Titanium Silver | Black Nappa Leather | 6MT | Cold Weather Package | Premium Package | Navigation | Harmon Kardon | Matte Black Grills | Dice iPod Integration

1998 M3 Sedan (Track Car) | Estoril Blue on Dove Gray | 5MT | Dinan Cold Air Intake and Stage 2 ECU | Stromung Catback | TC Kline Double Adjustable Coilover Kit | APEX ARC 8 | Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec | PFC 08 Brake Pads | Cobra Suzuka GT Seat | Schroth Quick Fit Harnesses | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob

My Cars
    95 M3, 87 535is
    This is probably what you want instead of those MS brackets:

https://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac...kit-p2303.aspx

And pair it with your choice of matrix style floor mounts (VAC and MotionMotorsports sell them).
    Last edited by jayjaya29; 03-15-2017 at 12:16 PM.

My Cars
    Estoril M3/4/5, E46 M3
    I know that the Macht Schnell adapters are specifically marketed as allowing you to mount the factory belt receptacle; the VAC mounts appear to be for harnesses, but have you been able to use those VAC adapters to mount factory belt receptacles?
    2003.5 BMW M3 Coupe (Daily Driver) | Titanium Silver | Black Nappa Leather | 6MT | Cold Weather Package | Premium Package | Navigation | Harmon Kardon | Matte Black Grills | Dice iPod Integration

1998 M3 Sedan (Track Car) | Estoril Blue on Dove Gray | 5MT | Dinan Cold Air Intake and Stage 2 ECU | Stromung Catback | TC Kline Double Adjustable Coilover Kit | APEX ARC 8 | Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec | PFC 08 Brake Pads | Cobra Suzuka GT Seat | Schroth Quick Fit Harnesses | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325i
    "yes" i am using a rear all cloth buckle attached to a vac mount to slip in side belt hole of OMP seat.

VAC also sells a factory seat belt kit.
    Last edited by poweredbyg60; 03-16-2017 at 08:21 PM.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005 330iZHP View Post
    I know that the Macht Schnell adapters are specifically marketed as allowing you to mount the factory belt receptacle; the VAC mounts appear to be for harnesses, but have you been able to use those VAC adapters to mount factory belt receptacles?
    I use them for exactly that, factory receptacle bolted to the VAC mount.

My Cars
    Estoril M3/4/5, E46 M3
    Good to know, thanks! The price of the VAC mounts is much more appealing than the Macht Schnell mounts.

My Cars
    Estoril M3/4/5, E46 M3
    For anyone interested in the update, I was able to successfully retain my stock 3 point seat belt mounting points using the VAC seat belt mounts (sedans need both left and right adapters).

My Cars
    M3 CSL,Z3C 2.8,X5, Z4 is
    Do you have any photos of the installation ?

www.clubcsl.com - I am a BMW Motorsport fan !