My beautiful 2005 BMW 74LI is turning out to be a night mare from hell. I bought it around the end of November 2016. immediately it popped transmission fail error so took it straight to one German Car Repair place who took a look and called me back few days later telling me that the transmission needed to be replaced. Had it towed to a transmission shop where it sat for almost two months, they started by saying that it could be a small issue but then later changed their position by stating that they were not sure as to what the issue was, but possibly would need a transmission rebuild for around a minimum of $3400+. Oh, they stated that the radiator hose busted while they were doing a test drive and charged me $605 for replacing the hose. After they could not guarantee anything, I decided to drive it home. The car shifted smoothly in reverse and all the way to the 3rd gear before the transmission fail error came back on during my drive. Brought it home and parked it, started few days later, reversed it and drove it...It drove fine for short while before popping the transmission error again. I brought it back and parked it...Car has not been driven for 5 days, the temperature has turned cold, and yesterday I tried to start the engine to drive it around again. It did not want to start, and kept dying unless i pressed and kept pressure on gas pedal. It keeps spluttering like its suffocating and keeps dying in the parked position. Please help