Thread: 328i Tire change = alignment f*cked?

My Cars
    2014 BMW F30 M Sport

328i Tire change = alignment f*cked?

So I bought my 2014 f30 m sport in October 2012 and it had pretty bad tread (about 3 mm) previous owner did burnouts and the car had 25k miles so after a month or two and 28k miles it was down to about (1.5mm) so I bought some G force Comp 2 tires in the rear and had some country tire shop put them on and I thought everything was alright after that....until last week I looked at the rear tires and noticed THEY WERE 100% BALD now I'm the only one driving my car and I only put 2k miles on it in 3 months and I don't drive aggressively....the only thing that could explain it was the alignment so I took it to a real BMW shop and they said it was all out of wack and it was the worst they have seen and tried explaining something about when the tire shop put my tires on they had something turned?? Anyone have a idea of what happened???

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    It should have had a proper alignment performed, at an alignment shop, after the tires were mounted.
    Now, before you mount new tires, have the suspension inspected for worn, damaged components,
    as it seems it's been over 4yrs since anyone has bothered to do so.

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Mounting tires should never necessitate an alignment, on its own. Your P.O. messed up the alignment somehow (perhaps jumping curbs unintentionally?) and left you to pay the bill. The "country tire shop" would not check alignment, nor would Discount Tire, Costco, etc--it's not their job and an unrelated service on the car.

When you get the alignment checked, you'll find your rear toe out of spec most likely. BMWs are typically specced with more toe-in for high-speed stability, but nothing wears tires (particularly the inside edges) like toe-in. Sounds like you may have a damaged suspension component or two resulting in excessive toe-in, which would be hard to "feel" on the rear axle, but would rip through a set of rear tires in no time.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

Quote Originally Posted by danespann View Post
    Every E34 needs the same things in the end.