In my first post, I told how I fixed my 2002 325xi coils from producing any trouble codes or attributed open loop operation. When they used to fail the coils would have produced an open loop operation that had to have the MAF unplugged to be able to drive the car home. While looking into the coil recall from BMW it was determined it was not under the program. Then I pulled them off the car to look closer at their condition. Its very obvious to see the arcing that happens when the coils are trying to get the spark from the coil connector to the plug. There is a brownish powder like substance which forms from arcing to ground. I popped the coil boots off of each coil body. I cleaned each one with windex and a clean towel. I also found that one coil tower was broken in pieces. I cleaned and made everything look newer than what came out. I reassembled the entire group and reinstalled them. Its about sundown while doing this. As I started the car up, it ran terrible. So I got out and looked into the coil areas as its running. The light show was excellent! Down in the spark plug holes, the boots were allowing spark to exit the areas of connection to the coil towers. It then hit me,as I am from the old school of car repair, how to fix this problem for good. Ran to the parts house to find an industrial size tube of Permatex Dielectric Silicone. The coil tower that was broken was attended to first. A huge squirt onto the tower connector and inside the boot. Then upon sticking them back together the excess goo is carefully smoothed out to form a clean look. Then a huge squirt into the spark plug end. The broken tower was number 6 coil. So this was going to be a good test of the gooos ability to withstand the spark. All coils were treated like this. Then stuck back in place. A quick reset of the trouble codes and a start up in super dark nite time showed no leakage! No codes. No open loop. No unplugging the MAF to just get around. I also was doing this to be able TO DRIVE with the MAF plugged in and the system to stop triggering the open loop from spark leakage from the coils. And I was determined to not buy new coils. Oh yes, my coils are BREMI's dated 4601. They work fine. Its just another myth that I had to look at a little differently to figure out the cheap way to regain the cool drive ability these cars can have. And the cost for coils are not cheap. Any questions or thoughts? For background, my other BMW is a 1984 M635. Its car #0021. I rebuilt the engines head from a timing chain failure. Its only fault ever.