Thread: E32 7.50IL Problem EML. Engine problem idle Rpm up/down

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7

Exclamation E32 7.50IL Problem EML. Engine problem idle Rpm up/down

Merhaba dostum.

Sana ihtiyacım var Tüm yardım.
    Last edited by KORAY; 04-16-2020 at 09:11 AM.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Koray, I see that the RPM is going up and down, even when you not touch the gas pedal, also the EML light is is not going on.
    First fix the EML light http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/eml_bulb/eml_bulb.html
    As for the changing idle, check the ground cable from engine to chassis.

Do you have a BMW shop which can make a fault code readout on this car in Istanbul? Then it is easier. There is no throttle cable, throttle is done via the motors attached to the throttle valves and the gas pedal has a potentiometer.
    The Electronic Throttle Control System (EML) regulates the operation of the throttle valve(s).
    The scope of EML design on BMW engines provides:
    • Throttle valve positioning for optimum starting
    • Precise idle speed regulation without the use of an external idle control valve/circuit
    • Progressive throttle opening curves matched to the driving program (with EGS/AGS interface)
    • Cruise control operation without additional control modules and linkages
    • Automatic synchronization of the throttles (airflow balancing) for two independent banks, throughout the entire engine speed range (M70, S70, M73 engines only)
    • Intake air volume control for ASC/DSC (Automatic Slip Control/Directional Stability Control) systems
    • Maximum road speed limiting
    • Emergency “Failsafe” operation in the event of component failures
    The EML control module is a link in the total scope of Engine Management Control. The EML is interfaced with other control modules to complete the management system, which includes:
    • ECM(s) - Except E46 (EML integrated in MS42.0 ECM)
    • EGS/AGS
    • ABS/ASC
    The main components of the EML system are:
    • Accelerator pedal position sensor (PWG)
    • Accelerator pedal position sensor (driver’s wish sensor - integrated in throttle housing, E46 MS42.0)
    • Throttle valve assembly/assemblies with electronic control motor(s) - DK/MDK
    • EML control module (MS42.0 ECM - E46)
    EML SYSTEM OVERVIEW
    Throttle valve control is managed electronically, using an electric motor(s), without the use of mechanical linkages or cables (except E46 - MDK). The EML system uses a microprocessor to convert the input signal for the position of the
    accelerator pedal into output commands for control of the throttle valve. The position of the pedal is merely a request to the control module for throttle opening. The EML module processes this input request along with other pertinent operating parameters. The throttle valve is then moved to its proper position according to specific control unit programming.
    EML Control System Version Identification By Vehicle
    BMW engine management systems have evolved through the model years. The evolution is due to continued technical refinement and emission level compliancy. Same version systems may be different from vehicle-to- vehicle. This additionally increases
    the number of system variations as well.
    Bosch 1.2 E32 M70 1988-1990
    Bosch 1.7 E32 M70 1991-1994

more details http://www.europeantransmissions.com...MW/EML-BMW.pdf
    Last edited by shogun; 03-09-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    Hello Shogun I You grateful to you . Thank you so much.. For help and answer!
    Thank you so muI'll try the way you showed me
    Note:
    Sometimes everything is normal, And EML light activated!
    Sometimes frustration, EML light off
    I will try and share the happy news with you.. Thank you.
    Last edited by KORAY; 03-09-2017 at 06:32 PM.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    It could also be a lose cable of the connectors on the throttle valves or broken cables which someone have contact. Run the engine and wiggle = move the cables a bit which go to the 2 throttle valves and also to the 2 MAF = mass flow meter. If any change when you wiggle, maybe a broken cable.
    http://bmwe32.masscom.net/sean750/MA...leshooting.htm
    and maybe you clean the throttle bodies http://bmwe32.masscom.net/moswald/75...ies/index.html I just remember, on my friends 750 he had the same problem, sonetimes trouble, sometimes not, in the end we found this dirty throttle body and cleaned it, all o.k. then http://s71.photobucket.com/user/shog...tml?sort=4&o=9

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    Shogun . . Benim için çok şey var.
    Last edited by KORAY; 04-16-2020 at 09:12 AM.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    o.k., I used google translate which tells me: There's a lot for me. I am grateful to you that knowledge treasure! Not anymore .. Start working as soon as possible!

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    We cleaned it today but the problem continuedimage7.jpg

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Strange that the EML light sometimes is on and then sometimes not.
    I have noticed the RPM in idle is too high for the M70 engine with around 1000 RPM. Normally idle RPM of the M70 is 650 - 700 RPM.
    And for the idle fluctuation up and down I presently have no solution/idea.
    Looks like the EML control unit is always trying to adjust the idle.
    Did you already check for faulse air leaks in intake system? Maybe a broken rubber so that uncontrolled air is coming into the intake system and then the oxygen sensors notice that and give feedback to the control system and try to adjust? Try brake cleaner and spray around the intake system if idle is changing.
    Also check the tank breather valve lines, if from there air comes into the throttling valves, that can also causes changes in idle. There are 2 breather valves in front of the engine attached to the air intake box, see here where we found such a problem, scroll down http://e32b12.blogspot.jp/search/label/Idle

For a test you can also disconnect both oxygen sensor plugs under the car, close to the driveshaft center bearing and see if there is any change in idle RPM. Before you disconnect, mark each sensor plug, because many people mix up the plugs and then the Motronic's are completely confused.

Any other M70 owners have an idea?
    Last edited by shogun; 03-10-2017 at 10:56 PM.

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    For a test you can also disconnect both oxygen sensor plugs under the car, close to the driveshaft center bearing and see if there is any change in idle RPM. Before you disconnect, mark each sensor plug, because many people mix up the plugs and then the Motronic's are completely confused.
    -
    I will try. We were on our way again
    Whereas. My car's maintenance is new. The situation is fine. The active engine oil castrol edge supercar 10-60 and the oil filter changed. But it always started to upset me.

-which can make a fault code readout on, We have completed the fault code before-Unknown fault code=3 piece for DELPHI Software brand.

1Encounters events in the day Time 12:00 The video engine is cold. RPM is very good. Normal = But things change in RPM after the engine has warmed up.
    Keep going Of course we will solve this one day. It may belong to him. Shogun I appreciate your help. Thank you so much..

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    as it happens only when the engine is warm/hot, also check the cooling fan for the e-box where the Motronic and EML module are in. Is the fan for cooling working? There is a temperature sensor in the e-box right side engine bay http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/1130122
    to cool the DMEs, EML control units. It is a a two-speed electric fan. On my 750 the fan runs on low speed when the engine is running. If the temperature in the e-box exceeds 44 degree Celsius (111 degree F.), the fan will run on high speed.
    Cooled air comes from the IHKA thru a plastic funnel behind passenger side glovebox compartment. http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/1130533
    Just to make sure the control units are not overheating. I remember some cases where the control modules overheated and then the engine had problems.

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    as it happens only when the engine is warm/hot, also check the cooling fan for the e-box where the Motronic and EML module are in. Is the fan for cooling working? There is a temperature sensor in the e-box right side engine bay http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/1130122
    to cool the DMEs, EML control units. It is a a two-speed electric fan. On my 750 the fan runs on low speed when the engine is running. If the temperature in the e-box exceeds 44 degree Celsius (111 degree F.), the fan will run on high speed.
    Cooled air comes from the IHKA thru a plastic funnel behind passenger side glovebox compartment. http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/1130533
    Just to make sure the control units are not overheating. I remember some cases where the control modules overheated and then the engine had problems.
    I think it's OK
    1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    Last edited by KORAY; 03-14-2017 at 01:22 PM. Reason: image edit

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    The best is you find a shop which once more makes a fault code reading.
    I just remember, erwin had a lot of problems, and he found broken wires here http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/644209/

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Oil level sensor is usually easy to fix. The sensor is # 20 http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_4659
    there is a short wire loom with a plug coming out, this plug usually breaks. Unfortunately this plug is not available from BMW as single item.
    Here you can see the plug https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/12611747119/
    In case you have a Bosch shop nearby, they have them. I have some on stock.
    This wire loom goes up to next to the B+ post, together with the wire from the alternator, so there you have 3 wires, see here http://twrite.org/shogunnew/files/ch...ED%20PLUG4.jpg
    That goes here http://bmwe32.masscom.net/sean750/sp...ewLeftBank.jpg

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    I am not sure if a low oil level sensor will cause the EML light to come on, might be. Try for a test to to bridge the 2 wires so that the EML believes the oil level is o.k. Just connect the 2 wires coming from the control box to the level sensor with a wire clip

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    The heavy cleaning product solved the problem for the oil level sensor. NO PROBLEM OiL Level Sensor!
    A new battery Zero original: https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-...ic/585-200-080
    Both gas butterflies are professionally cleaned and fitted without problems. New Mann air filter Oil filter and oil, castrol edge sprcar changed to 10-60. The flow meter was checked and cleaned. Electronic circuitry Spreyi And other sensors cleaned. Oxygen sensors
    Unfortunately cleaned. Problem continues in loose mode

It's a new job today. When I get started, I check to see if there is an electronic throttle in the car. Gas line, open or closed, understand this

Can the loose mod understand this?
    Last edited by KORAY; 08-03-2017 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Misrepresentation

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Difficult to understand the computer translation.
    Did you already check the the tank breather valve lines and the function? There are 2 breather valves in front of the engine , see here where we found such a problem, scroll down http://e32b12.blogspot.jp/search/label/Idle
    I only have a German language description of the function from the E38, I assume it is the same, translate this:
    Kurzpruefung: Das Tankentlüftungsventil sollte einen Widerstand von 45 ħ 20 Ohm haben und in spannungslosem Zustand geschlossen sein.

Tankentlueftung bei Modellen mit Katalysator E38:

Die Entueüftungsleitung des Kraftstofftanks ist mit einem Aktivkohlefilter verbunden, in welchem die im Tank entstehenden Kraftstoffdaempfe gesammelt werden. Der Aktivkohlefilter ist ueber eine weitere Leitung mit dem Luftsammler verbunden. In dieser Leitung befindet sich ein Tankentlueftungsventil. Ist das Tankentlueftungsventil geoeffnet, so wird durch den im Luftsammler herrschenden Unterdruck über den Aktivkohlefilter Frischluft angesaugt. Die Frischluft spuelt den im Filter gesammelten Kraftstoff aus und fuehrt ihn dem Motor zur Verbrennung zu. Da dieses zusaetzlich zugefuehrte Gemisch die Verbrennung in starkem Maße beeinflusst, besteht das Tankentlueftungsventil aus einem elektrisch steuerbaren Ventil. Im stromlosen Zustand ist das Tankentlueftungsventil geschlossen. Nach dem Start beginnt die erste Spuelphase in der das Tankentlueftungsventil für eine Dauer von ca. 6 Minuten (348 Sekunden) angesteuert wird. Danach ist das Ventil für 100 Sekunden geschlossen um die Grundadaption durchzufuehren. Ist die Grundadaption erfolgreich abgeschlossen, so ist die folgende Spuelphase 90 Minuten (5400 Sekunden) lang. Andernfalls erfolgt eine weitere kurze Spuelphase (ca. 6 Minuten). Um die Grundadaption erfolgreich abzuschliessen, muss der Motor im Leerlauf und im Teillastbetrieb laufen.
    --------------------------
    Another case of idle problem:
    Symptom - Cold Engine, E34 535 M30 - start Ok - idles at 750 for 1 sec then hunts 8 to 11 times between 750 and 1000, then idles at 750 rpm - runs great, instant pickup when given a squirt, drives as it should.
    Warm to hot engine - start - idles 750rpm. It was the EPV - or Evap Purge Valve stuck open.
    12v at terminal to EVAP PV, could blow gentle air both ways through.
    Apply 12v to EVAP PV - no click - no close - still open air both ways
    Started with Carb cleaner, then brake cleaner then WD40 small amounts of compressed air - LOTS of BLACK expelled from both sides. Sprayed WD40 into both tubes - left over night - repeated several times until clear WD40 was expelled. let dry.
    Re-install and no more idle hunt.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Looks like still there is the EML light problem, when you switch ignition off and then on, the EML light does not show. It should come on for 2 seconds and then go off.
    Then I also noticed the the vacuum hoses on the fuel pressure regulator are not correct connected, they must go crosswise. Like this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-swlVIV5RYo...0/P1160580.jpg

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    Bu aracı daha önce sorunsuz bir şekilde kullandım. Şimdi yakıt basıncı hortumları bunun için bir sorun mu?
    Last edited by KORAY; 04-16-2020 at 09:17 AM.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    In the youtubes from you the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hoses are wrong connected, x-wise is correct as shown in my above picture. https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ure-regulators

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    One of the gas butterflies changed!-Left bank driver side, And yet no EML light again
    WP_20170811_20_29_24_Pro.jpgWP_20170811_20_28_09_Pro.jpgWP_20170811_19_47_46_Pro.jpgWP_20170811_19_48_17_Pro.jpg

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    the car is connected to the device, scan completed DIAGNOSTICS original bmw. PROBLEM: Accelarator Pedal Position. told..
    I think I have broken this part of the previous owner. Played or settings are corrupted!
    http://www.data.bmrparts.com/bmwpart...edal_assy.html

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    accel pedal potentiometer testing
    E32 Bentley Repair Manual shows the data for testing on page 130-45.

EML Pedal Position Sensor Test
    pedal at idle position
    manual transmission 0.34-0.43 VDC
    automatic transmission 0.35-0.45 VDC

pedal at full throttle
    manual transmission 3.1-3.3 VDC
    automatic transmission 3.7-3.8 VDC

EML connector pedal position test pin
    M70 DME 1.2 brown/violet pin 1
    M70 DME 1.7 blue/brown pin 20
    M30 DME 1.3 blue/brown pin 20

terminal numbers are molded in the EML connector face. These numbers are very small and may be difficult to read.

set a gap of 3mm / 0.118 in. between accelerator pedal bracket and the idle stop.
    To check adjustment, peel back rubber boot from EML harness connector (round big plug left side engine bay close to the diagnosis port) and connect digital voltmeter between specified pin in connector and ground.

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    Hello again friends, we have solved the system problem of EML, one pedal position sensor, and the problem of the EML light in this way. After a real V12 circuit, everything went back to normal.
    methede: pedal position sensor....
    Last edited by KORAY; 04-16-2020 at 09:20 AM.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Congratulations, Koray, that you could solve the problem.