Thread: Looking at purchasing a 2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i - advice, recommendations wanted

My Cars
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i

Looking at purchasing a 2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i - advice, recommendations wanted

A local (non-BMW) dealer has a one owner, off-lease 2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i with 24,708 miles. Does anyone have likes/dislikes about this year/model? What routine maintenance is it likely to need in the next 25,000 miles?

Also, Car & Driver wrote the following in a 2014 review --- was the writer correct, or being a purist?

Suckiness-Aversion Vehicle
    The X1 xDrive35i has yet to fully undergo the modernization process that has turned the 5-series into a floaty barge and cost the 3-series
    its glorious steering feel, and it still packs a proper inline-six (albeit turbocharged), hydraulic power steering, subdued interior design, and a suspension that was actually tuned instead of given a gaggle of electronic settings.

But if you absolutely need a usable back seat (even if the X1’s is slightly tight) or an additional set of doors, the X1 xDrive35i is the second-most BMW-like BMW you can buy today. Act now, before it, too, is "enhanced" by modernity.

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    The car should still be under warranty through BMW, so maintenance should be covered and you can always get an extended warranty through BMW. I personally think that they're great little cars for what they are. Make sure to get a full PPI report beforehand to make sure everything looks okay under the hood. What are they asking for it?

-Dmitry
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Don't do it desal engine way to complicated

My Cars
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i
    I just picked up my 2014 X1 xDrive35i yesterday! First time bimmer owner, and while I've only got 24 hours with it so far, I love it. Did a ton of research in the two weeks before going for it and decided it was the best option and best deal. I paid 24,800 (Canadian) + 3,000 for a no time-limit, 180K extended warranty package. Car had 58,000km on it (+/- 36,000 miles), with all history reports coming up clear and 300+ point Carproof inspection showing everything is tip top. It also has the sport package, including lipstick red leather interior that is just so badass (if I do say so myself, lol).

The engine is incredible (again, this is my first BMW so you can imagine how it feels getting behind the wheel of one of these machines for the first time!), the steering is great albeit it just a tad stiff (but don't get me wrong, not nearly stiff enough to warrant any real concern or complaint, more just an observation), handles fantastically, brakes great, and the space is not as limited as some reviews suggest. The headroom is great (front and back), and we actually got this size vehicle because of a baby on the way in a month, with a dog currently as well. Backseat fits the car seat just fine, dog loves the surprisingly spacious trunk (much larger than you'd expect looking at it from the outside), and my father (6ft) had no issues sitting in the back seat for a drive yesterday.

I'll follow up after I've had this beauty for a while longer and let you know how it's keeping up over a bit more time, but so far, I'm in love it and have no issues.

My Cars
    '17 M240i
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcD613 View Post
    I'll follow up after I've had this beauty for a while longer and let you know how it's keeping up over a bit more time, but so far, I'm in love it and have no issues.
    How have you been enjoying your X1 xDrive35i so far?