Thread: Dash Camera and Gopro Questions

My Cars
    '04 M3 and '06 MC ZCP

Dash Camera and Gopro Questions

So, I found out today that you could connect your GoPro and view the feed from your iDrive, which I really need as I had a few close calls with drivers and I want to set something up on the back of my car. Now, I also found out that connecting the GoPro to the iDrive required the older version of the GoPro app (now known as Capture) and the latest updated app does not support the connection into the iDrive. Is there any way to get this feature back? I want to be able to see how the camera itself is mounted and what it exactly sees and not just dealing with it through my phone. I heard that you can use the M Performance drive analyzer, but I don't want to spend $300 as I need to invest in a Dash Camera, which brings me into my second question. I've read up a lot about Dash Cameras, but I can't find a solid, go to dash cam. Specifically, I'm looking for a dash cam that uses Capacitors because the car gets very hot and i do not want the dash cam to overheat and die on me. If anyone could help, that would be awesome. Thank you so much and have a nice day.

My Cars
    2013 BMW 328i
    I have a Viofo A119 dash cam with GPS module. Was around $89 from Amazon. Works great in day/night. + has capacitor
    Last edited by StockNerd; 03-26-2017 at 01:49 PM. Reason: typo