Thread: e46 touring needs work. Looking for a trade or affordable shade tree rates.

My Cars
    2001 325xi Touring

e46 touring needs work. Looking for a trade or affordable shade tree rates.

Last May I purchased a 2001 325xi wagon. Turns out it's quite the lemon. After sinking quite a bit into it, it gets hit in front of my house but not enough to total it and it's still drivable. Then it starts making some unpleasant noise when driving it. I take it to my mechanic and learn that there are a few more problems that need attention totaling another $2000+ at shop rates.

The front control arms on both sides need to be replaced. Rear shocks need to be replaced as well as the rear brake pads. There's assorted other fiddly things but those aren't required to keep the car safe so I'm not worried about getting those fixed.

I "invested" the first giant repair bill into the car because I had been looking for an AWD manual wagon forever and didn't want to join the ranks of every other Coloradan in a Subaru. My beloved previous vehicle was a 1995 325i sedan so I became loyal to BMWs. It ran to over 250k miles when someone hit me and totaled it. I loved, loved, loved that car.

I'm posting here to see if there's anyone who lives around Denver who might want to trade labor or is up for some weekend car work. (I'd buy the parts.) For trade, I can offer cupcakes, cake, etc. for a wedding or other large event. I can set up a display or bring my food truck out for the event. I've been in business for 9 years so I am legit and have a contract if someone wants to trade. If someone is looking for weekend work, please let me know your labor rates.

Or if anyone has an idea of where I can sell this for a decent amount and start over, I'm open to that too.

Can we send private messages on this forum? If not, please let me know how to get in touch with you and I'll email you from my business email.

Thank you!

My Cars
    '01 740i, '00 M5, '98 M3
    Hey, this sub-forum pretty much died a while ago. A lot of the CO activity is now on FB on a page called Colorado BMW Groupė, I would recommend posting there for better results. Good luck!

2000 BMW M5 (titanium silver metallic)| 1998 BMW M3 sedan (titanium silver metallic) | 2001 BMW 740i sport (titanium silver metallic) | 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 (victory red) | 1999 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 LS (medium charcoal gray metallic) | 1998 AM General Hummer HMCO (competition yellow)

My Cars
    2001 325xi Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by GMT400Tahoe View Post
    Hey, this sub-forum pretty much died a while ago. A lot of the CO activity is now on FB on a page called Colorado BMW Groupė, I would recommend posting there for better results. Good luck!

Thanks!!