Thread: Lci pre lci confusion

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ

Lci pre lci confusion

So I have a question. On my 07 525xi I have xenon headlights and I have noticed they turn when I turn the steering wheel.. I have read in a couple threads that the LCI headlights are the ones that do that NOT the pre lci? Am I wrong? Can some one help me figure out if my headlights are lci or pre lci????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2007 E61 M5, BMW i3
    You probably have an LCI car. You can see the difference on this picture.

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgent View Post
    You probably have an LCI car. You can see the difference on this picture.

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk
    Nope I have pre lci... thank you for the picture for clearing that up...I hate the amber corners and wish I could find a decent price pair of LCI. I have the cable and software to code them just don't know how to code yet lol. I just got the software this weekend and havnt had time to really play with it yet in the car. I'm actually looking for help with coding the halos as my drl and want to know if I can brighten them or what's a good led bulb to install. I have blue in there now I just can't stand that yellow amber color UGLY lol

My Cars
    2008 535xi Sport
    But the adaptive light following the steering wheel turn was available because my 2006 X5 has it.

My Cars
    2007 models were pre-LCI. They can be equipped with adaptive headlamps. These turn when the steering wheel turns.

Changing to LCI headlamps is more involved than just coding. I believe there is some wiring involved, as well as replacing the Lamp Module with one from an LCI model. You'd have to buy new, as LM's are coded to a particular VIN. That is, if you want them to work properly with no error codes on your dash every time you start the car.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2004 BMW 530i
    [QUOTE=Nick91303;29623211]Nope I have pre lci... thank you for the picture for clearing that up...I hate the amber corners and wish I could find a decent price pair of LCI. I have the cable and software to code them just don't know how to code yet lol. I just got the software this weekend and havnt had time to really play with it yet in the car. I'm actually looking for help with coding the halos as my drl and want to know if I can brighten them or what's a good led bulb to install. I have blue in there now I just can't stand that yellow amber color UGLY lol

This is going off topic but I would like to know where you got your angel lights from?

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Got them from eBay. I don't like then to be honest. I am gonna order brighter ones. These where only 5w bulbs. I'm gonna see what the highest I can get. And maybe the same blue or a lighter more aqua blue

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ

During the day time you really can't see them.. I'm trying to figure out how to code my halos as my drl lights but have not figured that out yet. I have asked around but no luck on replys

My Cars
    81,e21 orig ownr&05,e60
    To code for daytime halos running lights, you need a LCI car or replace the LM with a LM2 module, change vehicle order and code it in.

My Cars
    2007 530xi 6 spd.manual
    Just to set the record straight (and get back on topic), adaptive headlights are NOT just an LCI feature. They came with pre-LCI cars also.
    2007 530xi, Black Metallic Sapphire, 6 speed manual, Sport package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Sirius Satellite Radio, MTech front bumper, Replica Style 166 wheels

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Quote Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
    Just to set the record straight (and get back on topic), adaptive headlights are NOT just an LCI feature. They came with pre-LCI cars also.
    Yes I have learned that now. Thank you.. I have also check on a sight entered the last 7 of my vin and found the part number for the LM modual and found out my 07 DOES have the LM2 . So next couple months I'm off of work due to a surgery so I will start playing more with the coding and learning how to do more with it and turn on off more things.

My Cars
    2003 325xi T Wagon
    My 2004 530i has these lights.