Ordered all the parts to do a steering wheel swap using TIMM'S guide for my '97 as well as other tips online.

Turns out none of the guides was applicable to my car. I have a '97 US model with the smaller e36 looking wheel (colored BMW emblem on the airbag)

I ordered a recovered wheel and airbag from overseas, and all the parts to do the horn slipring pogo swap.

Well it turns out I didn't need to do any of that. My car already had the slipring pogo on the left-hand side. In fact, I didn't even need to remove the upper column cowl piece - just the bottom.

Seriously it was a 10 minute job tops if you've ever done a BMW Steering Wheel replacement (I already had the new wheel ready with a new slipring)

Anyway if you're putting off this swap because you feel it's daunting, don't hesitate. Plenty of good recovered wheels and airbags available on ebay and the slipring is a super common part.

Just thought I'd share if you're considering this swap pull your lower column cover and see where your pogo is located you may get lucky.