Thread: How much time does speeding save? Speedr - Android app that shows time saved speeding

My Cars
    2011 Ford Focus lol

How much time does speeding save? Speedr - Android app that shows time saved speeding

Hey Bimmerforums, I just created an account to share an app I made that car enthusiasts may be interested in. It's called Speedr, it measures how much time, or how little time, you save by speeding. Not trying to sell anything, It's free and has no ads. Check it out and let me know your feedback or suggestions for the next version.

Play Store / APK Download : https://jakehilborn.github.io/speedr/

Last edited by jakehilborn; 02-28-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Adding screenshot image

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540i-6
    Will you expand to iOS?

My Cars
    2011 Ford Focus lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie540 View Post
    Will you expand to iOS?
    I initially made this for myself out of curiosity and I have an Android phone. If Speedr gets enough interest I'll port it to iOS.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540i-6
    Honestly, being involved in the tech business myself of here in Nor Cal, makes me think thats a very good idea that has not been touched yet.

Especially if your app comes to show that speeding does not save that much time, it could be a widespread safety tool.

If you get to that point, please message me if you are interested in investors.

My Cars
    2011 Ford Focus lol
    Hey nice, we're both in the same industry. I've got a few feature ideas that I'll be exploring in the future to give a more wholistic risk & cost analysis of speeding. If I have luck implementing any of it I'll reach out to you!

My Cars
    BMW 335i convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by jakehilborn View Post
    Hey Bimmerforums, I just created an account to share an app I made that car enthusiasts may be interested in. It's called Speedr, it measures how much time, or how little time, you save by speeding. Not trying to sell anything, It's free and has no ads. Check it out and let me know your feedback or suggestions for the next version.

Play Store / APK Download : https://jakehilborn.github.io/speedr/

Excellent idea. Some people should know that speeding doesn't help at all ( mostly ).
    Do you mind if I share this with other groups? I am associated with few other driving forums.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2011 Ford Focus lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Iftekar View Post
    Excellent idea. Some people should know that speeding doesn't help at all ( mostly ).
    Do you mind if I share this with other groups? I am associated with few other driving forums.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    That's what you're most likely to discover by using this app. Speeding doesn't save much time if you're driving on non-freeway roads. Please do share with others!

My Cars
    M3TTst2Meth-K1300S-1100G
    Cool, this topic is covered in aggressive driving classes to discourage speeding.

of course there are some who would disagree