Thread: My Car Won't Move??

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330Ci

My Car Won't Move??

Hey I don't know if anyone has had this issue, but I need help figuring it out. I recently just did an oil change on my 04 300Ci, as I finished up I shut to hood rather hard and it made something pop/click. I go to turn on the car and it starts just fine, put it into R, and push on the throttle. And it doesn't rev as high and it won't move. Same when I put it into Drive. I have no throttle "power" and I don't know weather it has something to with the hood, oil change, transmission, or the recent Air Intake Boot replacement I just did as well. She was driving perfectly normal before, I pulled her into the garage. If someone can help me figure this out, that would be amazing. Thanks!

My Cars
    '73 E9, '94 E34, '02 E46
    One thing at a time. Remember "Mechanic's Law" which says that when something goes wrong, the best place to look is the last thing you did. You apparently did a bunch of stuff, so the list of suspects may be a little longer than you'd like it to be.

Got a code reader? Use it and tell us what it says.

Something that went "pop/click" isn't much of a hint. It could be as simple as having left something sticking up under the hood. Get back in there and look (you didn't say you'd looked, so first things first, right?).
    Charlie

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to add value to these threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same or similar problem stands on your shoulders.

My Cars
    01 E46 330i 5sp man spor
    If the throttle is not responding to the pedal it's possible that the connector is not fully seated. Could have happened when you changed the intake boots. Codes would be helpful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    It responds but only when it hits 5,000 rpms or so, even then it barley moves. It feels like blocks are behind my tires and I'm forcing it to go. I am going to run the codes right now. There is no check engine light and there's nothing I can personally hear, smell, or see. Maybe it has something to do with the transmission? What color is the AFT oil suppose to be?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330Ci

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330Ci

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    My service engine light was on. I cleared my codes when i replaced the intake boot, and have been watching it to see if the light would go back on. I've driven it about 100 miles or so and it hasnt. And their are no codes that's are popping up. I don't know what it could be.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Have you checked the AT Fluid condition and level?
    Are you familiar with drain and fill procedures of both AT fluid and engine oil?
    Is it drivable?,and are you driving it in its present condition?(5000rpm)
    Last edited by MIKYZZ4; 03-01-2017 at 04:25 PM.