Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Mass. Body Shop/Detail Shop Help Needed

My Cars
    87 M6, 90 325iC, 89 iX

Mass. Body Shop/Detail Shop Help Needed

I am in Massachusetts and am looking for a recommendation on a shop that can bring my new to me two owner Alpine White II E30 paint back to life. I am talking a wet sand/buff/polish etc... and not a re-spray. The paint has its share of small scratches and just isn't glossy any longer but, has zero rust and I feel it would be a shame to not try and save the original paint.

I had a bad experience with a local Western MA detail shop when I had a black Mercedes buffed and waxed. It ended up with more swirl marks than I can even begin to explain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    I believe e30s in Alpine white where single stage paints ie no clear coat. It will be easy to bring it back to life because whoever will be working on it will be working directly with paint, I don't even think wet sanding would be needed. However, one must be careful around edges not to burn through the paint.

As far as recommendation goes, I am hearing very good things about these fellas, but let me warn you it will not be cheap:

http://www.uccboston.com/

Good luck!

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    @1SGDHORN - That's a fine looking car you got that bud. Unfortunately I won't be able to help you out since I'm not from Boston (Do travel there time to time because of work) but Yelp has been really good to me for auto body shops. PS: Please keep us updated on the progress. Love to see the new pics

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    Klasse AIO (All in One) is a chemical cleaner and is well known for repairing old faded single stage paint. It does a great job as an AIO but doesn't offer much protection for afterwards so a sealant or wax is needed for long term protection. Klasse's High Gloss Sealant Glaze is the second half of the 'Klasse twins' but most any sealant will work with the AIO.
    So, if you wanted to tackle the job by hand, a pack of Walmart or Costco microfibers plus the Klasse AIO plus more than a bit of elbow grease will work very well.