Thread: M3 Aftermarket Rear Trailing Arm Bushing Bracket

My Cars
    None

M3 Aftermarket Rear Trailing Arm Bushing Bracket

Hey guys!

My friends 1995 M3 just got an alignment and the left rear toe can't be within spec. The shop said it's because the vehicle was involved in an accident and the area where the RTAB brackets bolts onto has been repaired. Right now it's at 0.53 degrees and factory spec is between 0.21 to 0.29 degrees. Is there an aftermarket rear trailing arm bushing bracket that will allow more adjustment? The M3 already has new RTABs with shim limiters.

Thanks!

My Cars
    1997 m3 4dr - e28.....
    i have seen a set of theese from a drift car, it was a craigslist post local to me, someone took a stock bracket and welded a plate to it and made longer slots in the plate. so maybe someone in the drift crowd sells these

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWguy206 View Post
    Hey guys!

My friends 1995 M3 just got an alignment and the left rear toe can't be within spec. The shop said it's because the vehicle was involved in an accident and the area where the RTAB brackets bolts onto has been repaired. Right now it's at 0.53 degrees and factory spec is between 0.21 to 0.29 degrees. Is there an aftermarket rear trailing arm bushing bracket that will allow more adjustment? The M3 already has new RTABs with shim limiters.

Thanks!
    Are you sure the pockets aren't just reinforced? That's why they are welded...? Maybe your trailing arm is bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ()()===[][]===()()

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch500 View Post
    Are you sure the pockets aren't just reinforced? That's why they are welded...? Maybe your trailing arm is bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good thought. A reinforced RTAB pocket might look like a repaired pocket to a non-believer. Check the other side for a RTAB reinforcement plate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scoobiedoo2029 View Post
    i have seen a set of theese from a drift car, it was a craigslist post local to me, someone took a stock bracket and welded a plate to it and made longer slots in the plate. so maybe someone in the drift crowd sells these
    I remember seeing a set of these too on a build on one of the BMW forums. He had the same problem. A tweaked chassis (confirmed by a chassis shop, by the way).

My Cars
    None
    Hey guys! Thanks for the response. The trailing arm isn't bent but its the frame, that's only a few inches away from the bracket, that was repaired. I like the idea of making the slots/ovals a bit longer. Thanks guys!

My Cars
    1993 325is