Thread: Aftermarket exhaust systems on E92 335i...do they really work??

My Cars
    99' 528i & 08' 335i

Aftermarket exhaust systems on E92 335i...do they really work??

Hey guys, so I'm considering swapping out the factory exhaust system on my 335i. Problem is, I'm not sure if it is worth spending the money that a lot of them are advertised for if they dont really do much for these cars. Mine is currently stock and I plan to mod it with bolt ons...nothing crazy. However, the exhaust system has me questioning if it is worth it. I've read in some places that it does provide gains and in others that it doesn't. I will be adding catted downpipes too as I want to be able to pass emissions in my state, but as far as the exhaust system, i'm not too sure.
    Do "performance" exhaust systems really work on these cars or are they just waste of money? If they do work, is it worth to only get the rear muffler section or a complete cat-back?
    Given the price i've seen of these systems go for, i think it merits asking the question of is it worth it.....don't you agree?

Thanks guys.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Well the proof would be in the demo tests before and after, it they don't have those probably not so much.the exhaust system might improve in the higher rpm ranges the trade off is the out of the hole grunt. I remember my Yamaha fj1200 with stock exhaust it had that fat bottom response, with the 4 into 1 exhaust, yes it was lighter, but that rich off the line bottom response just disappeared.

My Cars
    99' 528i & 08' 335i
    So then aftermarket exhaust systems do not do anything for these cars?

My Cars
    96 Z3 DASC, 07 E92 328i
    It probably won't yield much in the power department but as far as noise, it is more than worth it. I ponied up and got the BMW performance exhaust with a resonator delete on my 328i.
    Simply sublime...

Bear in mind it will be slightly quieter on a 335i
    “Speed has never killed anyone.... Suddenly becoming stationary, thats what gets you.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Supercharged

My Cars
    E53, E90, Triumph GT6
    Quote Originally Posted by alkdc2 View Post
    So then aftermarket exhaust systems do not do anything for these cars?
    Make more noise. If that's your thing..... Personally I think a vehicle with a loud exhaust sounds like a junky pickup truck.