RM European Auto Parts

Thread: 328 Power/Memory/Heated seats in my 37 Ford Issues

My Cars
    1937 Ford

328 Power/Memory/Heated seats in my 37 Ford Issues

Greetings all, Newbie here
    I am in the middle of building a 1937 Ford and have a pair of power,memory,and heated seats out of a 328-325i coupe as I needed seats that the back would fold forward.
    They have a Control box that integrates the operation switches, memory module and heating pads all in one box. The Air bags have been removed and their wiring appears to be completely separate.
    So I have located the 12 volt inputs and grounds. The seats function normally upon first application of voltage for about 2 minutes and then stop responding to movement but the lumbar pump will still operate.
    There is a CAN or auto network connection that it is probably looking for from the memory seat module and it stops working when no info is available.

Is there anyone that knows a work around as I would like to be able to just adjust the seats and do not need memory or heating.
    Any other earlier module that might be able to be adapted to work the three motors alone?
    Any links or advise would be welcome.

Thanks

Also posted this in Electrical section...

My Cars
    2001 BMW E39 Sport
    Without knowing the year of the car the seats came out of it will be very difficult to definitively give advice. That said it sounds as though they are from a reasonably late car so the easiest thing would be to dump the module completely and wire the seat motors to 'centre off' rocker switches of your choice. As long as people don't use the seats as toys and continually run them against full travel stops, the motors should survive fine being run that way. I would try to find a timer circuit for the seat heaters though, as having them manually switched on and off could end in unhappiness in at least two ways I can think of.

To find a seat control module that doesn't interact with other vehicle modules on a BMW would probably require going back to the mid 1980s or so. By the time you muck around sorting that out with the modern seats you would just be better off with the above manual switch system.