Thread: Parking Error Codes after Trans Rebuild - Can't shift into D or R. Help!

My Cars
    05 740Li M 08 C300

Parking Error Codes after Trans Rebuild - Can't shift into D or R. Help!

Hi,

I've just taken the mechatronics unit out to replace the solenoids. I had replaced mechatronics sleeve and the other plastic/rubber bits previously.

Once back together with pan on, I filled it until it was overflowing, reset adaptations using Snap-On scanner, and then went to start the car. It will not shift into R or D, it just goes straight back into P.

I get the following codes:

507D Parking Gear Incorrect, Disengaged
    51AC CAN Key Inserted
    507C Parking lock Put In, Defective

Note that the battery went flat while the mechatronice unit was out and this was recharged. Also, I did the guibo and hanger bearing and used the gear release next to the OBD port so that I could freely turn the driveshaft to get the bolts off easier. Not sure if either of these could have something to do with it?

Is it possible that I need to fill the transmission while it is running to get more fluid in there for the solenoid, etc to function (under correct pressure)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Car is 2005 facelift e66 740Li
    Quote Originally Posted by FP5241 View Post
    C'mon man, you thats how Ken rolls... one minute he's posting about naming his new puppy, by the 4th page of the thread he's asking wheres a good place to bury his new cat...

My Cars
    You've got the parking lever out of its groove on the valve body. I know because I've done it.

My Cars
    05 740Li M 08 C300
    Thank you!

I'm about to crawl back underneath to have a look. So I assume I have to remove pan and valve body again?
    C'mon man, you thats how Ken rolls... one minute he's posting about naming his new puppy, by the 4th page of the thread he's asking wheres a good place to bury his new cat...

My Cars
    750 F01, 850i, LR3 HSE
    Quote Originally Posted by FaitH777 View Post
    Thank you!

I'm about to crawl back underneath to have a look. So I assume I have to remove pan and valve body again?
    Yes, you will need to pull it down again. The Park rod should be in the selector rod detent.

ZF E Shift.JPG

Mark.

My Cars
    05 740Li M 08 C300
    Quote Originally Posted by White94RX View Post
    You've got the parking lever out of its groove on the valve body. I know because I've done it.
    Hi, I just drained the fluid and dropped the pan. The rod does appears to be in place. When I move the lever on the outside it moves the rod. Any other suggestions?

My Cars
    05 740Li M 08 C300
    I'm beginning to think it may be the MV2 solenoid (#15 in image). When I changed it (along with the other solenoids), the spring and rod from inside the valve body came out. I'm now thinking that I possibly put them back in incorrectly? Or could it be that I simply didn't fill it enough before trying to change gears?

My Cars
    2007 BMW 750i
    So was that the case? If so, how does the rod and spring suppose to go? Im in the same boat. Thanks =FaitH777;29613521]I'm beginning to think it may be the MV2 solenoid (#15 in image). When I changed it (along with the other solenoids), the spring and rod from inside the valve body came out. I'm now thinking that I possibly put them back in incorrectly? Or could it be that I simply didn't fill it enough before trying to change gears?
    [/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

So was that the case? If so, how does the rod and spring suppose to go? Im in the same boat. Thanks

My Cars
    BMW 7 E66 2006
    Try this site...for info about transmission...
    http://maybeme.com/Storage/JagTech/M...6%E2%80%9D.pdf