Thread: iDrive Boots up in German Randomly

My Cars
    2011 528i

iDrive Boots up in German Randomly

So I've got a problem and I cant seem to find a solution, I might end up just taking it in the dealership to uninstall and reinstall the software. I've searched and have only found about 3 posts of other people asking the same question, but no answer. They were all dated a few years back, so I'm hoping someone knows something now. Oh, my car is a 2011 528i.

A few months ago when I would turn my car on iDrive would randomly boot up in German. When this happens the radio buttons wont work, my ipod wont work, the idrive knob works and i can scroll through the options, but it wont give me full access to everything. For example it will have the main menu, but if i click on vehicle status and try to check the maintenance, oil, or tire pressure it doesnt display any information. I can change the language back to english, but it doesnt really do me any good if none of my features work. Like i said it used to happen randomly, but this last month its happened about 90% of the time now. Has anyone heard or experienced anything like this? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    That is super weird. Come see me at ABR Houston, I can get the car programmed to current software integration for less than the dealer. Don't know if that is a fix, but its certainly the logical place to start.
    Last edited by Stück; 02-24-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

My Cars
    2011 BMW 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by Stück View Post
    That is super weird. Come see me at ABR Houston, I can get the car programmed to current software integration for less than the dealer. Don't know if that is a fix, but its certainly the logical place to start.
    Did this ever get resolved? I have a 2011 528i with the same issue.