Thread: What should I do?

My Cars
    E90

What should I do?

Okay I work thirds just got off, be great to get feedback before I wake up as I'm calling my insurance adjuster and the dealership. Long story short..I received my car back from a collision center (not dryer and Reinbold) where I normally have my 2009 E90 serviced. 1.They tried putting a cheaper radiator in and the drain plug didn't fit right but they gave it back anyways. Almost overheated.
    2. They didn't connect lines correctly to the power steering pump so I lost all fluid and then some once I tried filling it up again.
    Now that my car still hasn't overheated or lost power steering the three days I've had it back, I have a rough idle and my service engine light is still on. Had OBD and it says air bank 1 &2 low. So I've got an air leak somewhere. I replaced the air flow sensor and light didn't reset. Also there are some indicators that only the dealership can reset. Can't say I find that collision center very credible after all that inconvenience. They also told me I had a minor oil leak so I gave them permission to fix a valve cover gasket. Do you think this collision center could have contributed or caused this airleak? What can be proven and how? Will the dealership be able to figure it all out?

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedawwg93 View Post
    ...the three days I've had it back,...
    I'm confused by many things in your post.

Why have you waited 3 days to do something? Was your check engine light on when you picked it up? If you're working on the car yourself, you may have compromised your ability to get anything done by anyone else or assign blame.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    E90
    I doubt replacing something as simple as a MAF sensor would compromise anything. Yeah there wasn't a problem with the car before the non collision incident. I don't have a warranty on maintenance I pay all out of pocket. But hey I'm 23 and stupid. Yolo

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Sounds like a terrible place to have collision repairs performed. Did you research available repair centers in your area, and compare reviews online?
    Did you choose only based on convenience, closest to home, couldn't be bothered with research? If so, this is the result.
    If any symptoms appeared on day of pickup, you should have immediately returned the vehicle back to the shop, and reported the shoddy service to your adjuster.

I get the feeling that this collision center has little or no prior experience working on BMWs,
    So I would be in contact with the insurance company, and bring that, plus your other concerns to their attention.
    Stress to them that you are very disappointed and upset with the shoddy, incompetent service you feel that you have received.
    Last edited by MIKYZZ4; 03-02-2017 at 12:15 PM.

My Cars
    E90
    Thank you for the positive feedback. I agree with everything you said. I don't think they have experience working on BMW either. This is where my insurance company decided it would go. I am very dissatisfied with the result. I had to take it to the dealership on my own behalf for an inspection to have them double check the other shops work. My adjuster is paying for everything now except the valve cover gasket the other shop messed up. I have to take it back there and have them try and clean up their mess after mine is done at Dreyer and Reinbold. Right now I'm not complaining because I'm driving a 2017 330i. It's solid although I miss the clutch :/

My Cars
    bmw2010
    Has anybody out there, ever used ENGINE flush additives to clean possible sludge and dirt out of motor. I hve a 2010 528i and also hve long store short to tlk abt. I wld lve to hear some feedback.