Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Porsche 991 S - Paint Correction, Clear Bra and Ceramic by Oakes

My Cars
    06 S4, 11 M3 ZCP. 16 A3

Porsche 991 S - Paint Correction, Clear Bra and Ceramic by Oakes

This low mile Guards Red Porsche 991 Carrera S was brought to me to be brought up to it’s full potential while also protecting the paint.
    Assumed to be in good condition, but our assessment showed that it could use a little love.

After the initial prep, the paint inspection revealed that it had been improperly maintained by the previous owner and also show some poor attempts at paint polishing throughout – rotary holograms.

[/url]

The following photos show the correction process in 50/50 and side by side format, revealing the true potential of Guards Red!

Even the taillights stood to look better…

Thought the car was clean, there are some areas that understandably go unattended, like the engine cover. Which was removed, cleaned, decontaminated, polished and coated!

As well as the badges themselves, caked up with old compound, dirt and wax

With the correction and detail all wrapped up, it was time to protect the paint from rock chips and make it easier to maintain going forward now that it was in it’s best state. This was done with a combination of Xpel Ultimate clear bra on the front end and CQuartz Finest ceramic coating on top of the film and the rest of the body and trim. The film, aside from the bumper was custom installed without template, allowing full wrapped over edges eliminating lines and edges to prevent lifting and dirt build up on top of a completely invisible install.
    The headlights, corner lights, badges and inner trim was all removed to ensure completely clean edges and full wrap over. Many templates allow the leading edges to be exposed which mean there is still potential for damage, which in my mind nullifies to point of the clear film. Might as well go all the way!

With the film completed, it was time to top everything with CQuartz Finest, one of the most proven and exclusive ceramic coatings on the market. I have been installing CQuartz for over 8 years now, before the public even knew these products existed and have stuck with this brand because it stands behind all of its realistic claims. Plus, I haven’t had this amount of depth and gloss rivaled by just about all of the brands on the market now. The pictures speak for themselves.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RKAt9S]

As always, thanks for looking! Feedback is always welcomed and appreciated!

-Oakes

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    (....use a little love) was a bit of an understatement wasn't it?
    Magical work again Oakes. The owner is going to be thrilled with the Xpel I'm guessing.