Thread: Navigation Delete

My Cars
    2004 BMW Z4 3.0i

Navigation Delete

Hey guys, new to the forums, but wanted to see if anyone had suggestions for covering/removing the flip up Navigation screen? It's cracked and ugly, and doesn't work since I have a complete aftermarket audio setup. Anyone know of people that have done this? Or if you don't, anyone know of what the proper search term is?

Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    2004 BMW Z4 3.0i
    One solution I looked into was taking the dashboard storage shelf/tray from the X3 and attempting to put in place of the current nav unit. Hoping to see if I can source one after getting the dimensions from the X3 unit.

My Cars
    VW GTI
    anything ever come of this X3 dashboard storage tray idea?

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by itsgermanphil View Post
    wanted to see if anyone had suggestions for covering/removing the flip up Navigation screen? It's cracked and ugly,
    My initial thought is to simply bondo and sand the cracked cover. (Or replace in kind from junk yard, ebay, etc.) One it is no longer cracked, you could apply any number of finishes to it. Paint, vinyl wrap, felt, shag carpet. You name it.

Wrap would probably be the most efficient with the best result. Unless you really like shag carpet.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by 4jacks View Post
    My initial thought is to simply bondo and sand the cracked cover. (Or replace in kind from junk yard, ebay, etc.) One it is no longer cracked, you could apply any number of finishes to it. Paint, vinyl wrap, felt, shag carpet. You name it.

Wrap would probably be the most efficient with the best result. Unless you really like shag carpet.
    That would like freaking awful. The dash is textured.

Either replace the whole dash or get a cubby for the area as mentioned in this thread... Or put a different screen in the nav monitor's spot

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
    The texture of the dash doesn't come into play. The end result would just be the stock nav unit panel in a new finish (wrap or paint).

He said is nav unit is cracked and ugly. Yes replacing the dash or buying a manufactured unit would look much better than repairing the cracked nav unit cover. But that will cost hundreds of dollars. For a small fraction of that price you can repair the cracked and ugly unit and have it not cracked and not as ugly.

My Cars
    2005 Z4
    Itsgermanphil,

would like to know more about your aftermarket set up. Type, price, etc...