Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEE*R Rev Limiter Installation?? 1994 325i

My Cars
    1994 325i

BEE*R Rev Limiter Installation?? 1994 325i

What's up guys been really bored with my drift car lately , Turbo 325i so i got trapped in youtube one day and ran across these limiters, just bought it today but i CANNOT for the life of me find the installion method for this thing on our cars ? has anyone hooked one up or can tell me what wires to splice into to get it working. Thanks in advance to anyone with positive input. My current research has lead me to know that

Red: 12v
    Green: Ignition Signal
    Yellow: RPM Signal
    Black: Ground
    White: Handbrake

Once i get it i'll pop out the DME & see what i've got going on but until then ,

My Cars
    1994 325i
    bump!

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more

My Cars
    1994 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
    Im aware of the repercussions & for how much i'll be using it i think she'll be fine honestly plus in the drifting aspect with this car it would help out quite a bit imho for how high our cars rev out my ecu isn't stock of course but i saw that thread already just leads to a dead end thanks tho

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Sometimes I'm truly appalled at how long I will sit and watch Scarlet eat a single piece of popcorn...

My Cars
    1994 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by tptrsn View Post
    Sometimes I'm truly appalled at how long I will sit and watch Scarlet eat a single piece of popcorn...
    Tell me about it, she's always been my weakness 😭😭😭😭 Dime.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i

My Cars
    1994 325i
    God bless America 💯, Enough Scarlett J as much as i want her to bear my children ... i spent $200 on this shit and i need it to work lmao where's the electrical gurus at !
    Last edited by 325itdreams; 02-22-2017 at 05:06 PM.

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Since you have a wire labeled "handbrake," is it safe to assume that this device creates sort of an anti-lag effect when you hit the hand brake? Sorry I don't know anything about the thing you're asking about, but now I'm curious.

When I've used launch control and flat shift in MS3 before, which are both basically like anti-lag to an extent, I just had them wired to a very precisely adjusted switch on the clutch pedal. I'm having trouble understanding how an add-on box will accomplish something like that, so I'm probably way off...

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28

Sorry I've never heard of this device.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    1994 325i
    That's correct too my knowledge at least, i know only a little more about this thing than you do. I'm assuming due to the rpm signal tap and ignition tap that's how it's accomplished cause this add on box if you will cuts ignition. not fuel, then the rpm to obviously let the limiter know how high or low you want it and i understand that there's a gain switch on it which alters the speed of the anti-lag or 2 step if you will. should've gotten megasquirt lol but here's a video of what it's like this is a 1jz e36 though but just for badass purposes https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d4d_KB2mWMM

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Ummmm, . . . . . wow. Not sure what to make of that... Maybe back to some more of this:

Or maybe even something fun like this:

My Cars
    1994 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by tptrsn View Post
    Ummmm, . . . . . wow. Not sure what to make of that... Maybe back to some more of this:

Or maybe even something fun like this:

Lmao i completely agree with you life was better just thinking about Scarlett i never thought i would enjoy being trolled but trolled by Scarlett J ? who am i to say no *Kanye Shrug *. But seriously if anyone knows say something dammit we're clueless

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 325itdreams View Post
    Im aware of the repercussions & for how much i'll be using it i think she'll be fine honestly plus in the drifting aspect with this car it would help out quite a bit imho for how high our cars rev out my ecu isn't stock of course but i saw that thread already just leads to a dead end thanks tho
    The thing is, this doesn't help a non-turbo car at all. All it does is retard the ignition like crazy on the limiter to make the explosion happen more in the exhaust than in the cylinder, which creates a loud bang/pop, is extremely hard on pistons, blocks, heads, manifolds, and turbos. In a non-turbo car, this literally is doing absolutely nothing to help your car's performance, and is just making everything wear significantly faster.

Even on a turbo car, a Bee R rev limiter in general is a terrible idea. Having a "spark cut" or "spark delay" ignition strategy means you still have a ton of fuel being dumped, and a very violent and non controlled explosion happening somewhere between the cylinder, exhaust valve, and turbo, or all of the above. With a stock BMW rev limiter, fuel cut is used and 100% of the fuel is cut. This means even if the spark is still present, there is nothing to burn, so the engine slows down and dithers on the limiter. With spark cut, you still have a ton of boost, compression, and fuel in the cylinder that is likely going to ignite from heat and pressure alone, or ignite delayed intentionally and shove all that excess heat and energy into the exhaust manifold and turbo. That characteristic "bang" you hear from a Bee R rev limiter, is just as damaging as it sounds.

TL;DR: Don't install one. They're bad for your engine and don't give you any significant performance gains. Honestly I would resell it.

My .02 Take it or leave it of course.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeE36; 02-23-2017 at 12:16 AM.
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    To answer your question: None of us know because you are asking in the wrong place. BMW guys don't use these so we don't know specifics. You want an ebrake switch? It's on the back of your hand brake. That's about all any of us can tell you without doing research that you should be doing.

My Cars
    1985 535i
    like $200 more and you could just go with megasquirt and have way more features than just a loud bang from the exhaust.

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Another impressive display of on-point (and yummy) Scarlett GIF-ing there brother Protomor!

My Cars
    1994 325i
    Hey Mike i tried to hit you on the messenger about the A/F readings finally getting things moving with her again but seeing by how youre right 96.7% of the time i guess i won't do it , I was going to set it at like 6.3ish cause i don't like how the big turbo revs out to 7+ but i'll take your advice and not destroy my car with it but i already bought it so i'm just gunna try and find out how to hook it up and put the 12v on a relay so i can turn it on it off fully just gunna use it when i'm at stop lights haha i'm sorry but i think it's cool but it does sound like it hurts haha ive got a spare m50 here that needs arp's so i guess she'll be going in soon gunna hit you up once i get my new intercooler piping too brotha thanks again for your advice wish our tunes were compatible with anti lag so i wouldn't have bought this shit *PLOT TWIST POST * BEE*R Rev Limiter for sale brand new in box lololololololol

My Cars
    1994 325i
    & Since when was Megasquirt $400 i must've missed the fire sale on that, but damnit someone tell me how to post gifs on here it keeps posting links instead

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    DIYautotune.com is where I buy all of my megasquirt stuff, and I do think you can probably setup a MS1Extra with a V3.0 board to run out engines on wasted spark (but if I'm being honest I didn't look). I ran MS1Extra for a while, and it was great. MS2 Extra is a little bit better, but it's another $90 or whatever.

My Cars
    1994 325i
    my waste of money just came in the mail lol

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 325itdreams View Post
    Hey Mike i tried to hit you on the messenger about the A/F readings finally getting things moving with her again but seeing by how youre right 96.7% of the time i guess i won't do it , I was going to set it at like 6.3ish cause i don't like how the big turbo revs out to 7+ but i'll take your advice and not destroy my car with it but i already bought it so i'm just gunna try and find out how to hook it up and put the 12v on a relay so i can turn it on it off fully just gunna use it when i'm at stop lights haha i'm sorry but i think it's cool but it does sound like it hurts haha ive got a spare m50 here that needs arp's so i guess she'll be going in soon gunna hit you up once i get my new intercooler piping too brotha thanks again for your advice wish our tunes were compatible with anti lag so i wouldn't have bought this shit *PLOT TWIST POST * BEE*R Rev Limiter for sale brand new in box lololololololol
    No worries bro, if you want to use it go for it. Just need to know ahead of time that it's bad for the pistons and stuff. If you put it on clutch switch you could do it at stop lights or high rpm shifts and that wouldn't be so bad. Just sitting on the limiter with it (like you do a lot with drifting sometimes) is really hard on the engine and turbo. A few seconds here or there isn't going to kill anything though.

Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    1994 325i
    Update: Just put in new spark plugs , Currently trying to find an ACCURATE pin out of the dme 413 red label gotta find Rpm signal & Ignition signal.... any takers ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast