Thread: Upper radiator hose clip

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740iL

Upper radiator hose clip

Hi all. I replaced my alternator a few days ago and must have not correctly installed the upper radiator hose clip that connects the hose to the engine because the hose blew off yesterday and the clip is gone. I called BMW here in Salt Lake City and they tell me that the clip cannot be bought seperately...it is considered part of the $80 hose set.

I imagine that the clip is the same for several models. Does anyone out there have a used or bad hose that includes the clip that I can buy? I just need the clip itself.

Thanks so much!!!

My Cars
    2001 740iL, 2001 325Ci
    My upper hose "blew". ...apart recently and I thought the clip had failed. Turns out, I didn't understand how the hose & clip-setup were built. For me, the rubber hose jumped off the plastic housing that then clipped to the thermostat - and I thought I just needed a new hose clamp ( surprised that the previous one was just a metal ring ). Put hose clamp on and the same thing happened a couple weeks later. That's when I realized it was the plastic housing that had failed and I needed the new part; which has the "quick connect" connectors. If you go on Realoem you'll see what you need. I believe it's part number: 11537505228 though it should only cost about $40; or at least that's what mine was.

Not sure if this is the answer to your situation, but, if you end up needing to take the actual quick connect off at the thermostat ---- good luck. Mine was an absolute bitch. I ended up gently destroying the old connector ( making sure to not mar the thermostat) as that thing was in NO mood to Quickly disconnect.

Good luck

- - - Updated - - -

If it is in fact just the metal ...horseshoe shaped clip that keeps the plastic quick-connect from jumping off --- what about a junkyard nearby?